• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash Cluster swap...pics

old

uhhh..wheres that wire go??

NEW

98 prelude cluster...sexy...
    wiring is really fun, so if your gonna do this swap, be sure you have the proper schematics, the prelude pigtails..etc etc.
    the bezel ALMOST fits..but it needs to be trimmed back at the top, cause the new cluster sticks out further.(the silver screws holding mine in are temporary, till i get black ones) It looks awesome, and works great...

instagram @mikeymeyagi

looks nice, maybe you can try writing up a DIY... how come the back of your old cluster has so many wires, mine doesnt look like that and i have the NS cluster also

Comment

Wow, that's a huge improvement over the stock CB7 dash cluster. Props for making it work and look clean.
      - Ghosty
      WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
      FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

looks real good man get night time pics of that

Comment

i heard that wouldn't work... def need a diy

SOLD!

Comment

Diy

Yeah you need to post a diy! Very nice job!

My whips!
            97 eliteS 50cc sold
            90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
            93 CB 4dr ex/se
            85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
            80 Hilux 2wd still got it
            73 Opel GT garage queen
            92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
            93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
            92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
            09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
            93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

thats super clean, i am about to buy one those right now.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

lookin good mike
                My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

I'de love to see some better quality pictures before I pass judgement, but the cluster is (of course) amazing! DIY would be nice.

Props? Not until I see better pics to judge the fit/finish quality Nice effort though!

- Zipcreature
                  Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

sweet!

Comment

Good job on the gauge cluster swap. Wiring must of been mad crazy but it looks good man props to that. Is the speedo off if I may ask? BTW why dont you just paint the screws black?
                      Last edited by NAiL05; 04-23-2006, 10:04 PM.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thanks guys

tanNn2koo: all the wires are the prelude plugs wired into the cb dash harness...

g-wagon: anything can be made to work this wasnt that bad at all

zipcreature:dont you worry about the fit/finish..im a picky bastard..lol i will post more pics tho...the silver screws are temporary till i buy countersunk ones, so they wont be visible it could fit better in a few places, but the problems are so minor, someone not looking for them wouldnt even notice...

when a couple of the pics were taken, i was driving the car...the gauges all function correctly, with no modifications to the car, other then i had to set the odometer to read what was on my old cluster..lol

and yes, when i have time ill post a thread on how to wire it...the fitup is up to you, since some ppl might want to do it diff then me.
                        Last edited by LoDollar92LX; 04-23-2006, 11:02 PM.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Good stuff man!!!! I've always wondered about the cluster swap possibilities. And after having done stereo harnesses I can't imagine this whole thing being too bad. Do all the lights and gauges share a common ground? Please say yes.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by LoDollar92LX
                            thanks guys
                            when a couple of the pics were taken, i was driving the car...the gauges all function correctly, with no modifications to the car, other then i had to set the odometer to read what was on my old cluster..lol

and yes, when i have time ill post a thread on how to wire it...the fitup is up to you, since some ppl might want to do it diff then me.
                            Damn that sounds good i might have to do this in the future also =D. It would be bad ass if you could post up the wiring. I think it would be a good weekend thing for me to do. Where did you get the prelude plugs at? Ebay? Junkyard?

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

there are 2 ground wires that hook to the accord wire harness i belive..
                              i actually bought the cluster on ebay, and the guy had the dash harness too, so i cut off what i needed.

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

Working...
                              X