Interior panel painting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior panel painting?

As you all know I have the panda Accord and it came with the "Honda blue" interior scheme. It's ok. But the dash kinda pisses me off when the sun is right on it...it turns REALLY blue. What I want to know is can I buy some sort of paint (they make interior dash paint but all I've seen is really glossy) that I can spray it down with that IS NOT glossy? I basically want the rest of the dash and door panels the same kinda black as the dash insert in the center column. Flat black...no gloss. I want the whole interior minus the seats and door inserts to be this color. I think that'd look hot. HELP!!!

explained: I want the whole dash and panels to match the center area's kinda black shown here:
    Attached Files
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Get some vinyl dye, not the spray... and it'll look semi-gloss or flat depending on how many times you dye it, it'll look really similar to the factory black plastic. And once you dye it, its permanent and SAYS it wont fade...and it cant chip because you didnt put any paint on it.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

theres this stuff called vinyl and fabric paint you can find at walmart in the automotive section, buy it there. and i wrote a diy on doing the door panels and check it out. it should help you some.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

of course, you could always

do it the right (read that "hard") way and pull a black dash from another accord, clean it really well with a vinyl cleaner, and use low gloss armor all. you'd be surpised at the deals you can get on complete dashs from the junkyards.

if you clean it well (i.e. strip all the grease and oil residue leftover from whatever the late owner had on it), the low gloss armor all leaves a kind of dull satin sheen that looks smart and clean. it would be a bit more work, but i guarantee you won't be disappointed with the results.
        ::::::::::::::::::::::::
        CapserAccord

Comment

I got my black dash from a junkyard for $45 and it came with a gauge cluster, dash trim, climate control and all the switches. I think I got a good deal. Buying parts for 4th gens gets cheaper by the day so it's not too expensive, unless you go to a junkyard where the people there have a pretty keen idea as to the smell of their butts because that's where their head is mostly kept.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i used vinyl paint but u gotto make sure u do it, where theres a lot of ventalation and must be a even layer of paint. dun fu** up cause its hard to fix

Comment

Under what light does your dash appear "really" blue?...I've had the blue dash for 3 years and not noticed that, but I've always used the low luster cleaners and polishes on my dash...while changing it out is an option, I would think you would then have to change out most of the rest of the interior for it too look good. I think if you dyed or painted it, it'll never reach the standards you want for it unless you're a pro at it (not insulting your work or anything, just that's how i feel about my own work sometimes).

Comment

The Dash will be a Hell-Hole, i Shaved my Clock inside but i also had to get my Front Window Taken out to get the front of the Dash to make it the easiest..
                Bump!

Comment

Working...
                X