Need your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need your opinions

I have been working on redoing my interior in grey leather. I now have grey carpet, rear deck, leather seats, seatbelts. I need to know what would be a good accent color. I cant think of one...i have some black, but i think it looks dumb. Heres some pix...lemme know.

Last edited by aero; 02-01-2004, 07:20 PM.

.txt files arent gonna work for images buddy!

use a host like cardomain or imagestation, theyre pretty reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zen
      .txt files arent gonna work for images buddy!

Guess what...ur wrong. Ive been using it for over a year. All my images that I post everywhere, including my Member rides post are all from geocities named a .txt so that it will show up. They were working fine, but I kept on having to re-open, and edit them that I guess I opened them too much. I also have a bunch of stuff on ebay using that, and that would help w/the too many hits. I am just gonna make another account there, and host them.

Edit: There ya go...just redid them as images. Please know what you are talking about before you yell at someone.
      Last edited by aero; 02-01-2004, 07:19 PM.

Comment

whoa dude i wasnt yelling at you, relax. i didn't know geocities worked like that. my bad.

a fellow maroon interior sufferer! i always wonder what the hell they were thinking when they decided maroon would look good? i have the same interior and ive been working on changing over to black as well. i have the exact opposite of what youve done so far, i have my door panels and dash changed over.

your grey looks really nice. how did you find the carpet in such good condition? and are those 6th gen seats? or did you fit leather over the oem seats? looks awesome man!

i think black as an accent color would look hot.

Comment

What color is the outside (or better yet, what color do you hope to make it in the final product...)?

The outside color would have a bit of an impact on what the inside should look like, I would say. Without knowing that much though, I could see a few colors.

Like fr0zen said, black really would look nice, if you do it right. You're lucky in the fact that you don't have an airbag, so it's easy (and legal) to change your steering wheel. You will have black in there no matter what, so it might be good to use it.

A dark blue would also look pretty sweet.

Also, the stock maroon color actually looks good. To me, the only ugly parts of the maroon interior are the seats, carpet, and door panels. All the rest (basically what you have left) looks pretty nice. Maroon and gray are great compliments for each other.

I had plans to attend art school (until I realized I would make no money in the field) so I believe I have a pretty good eye for color!

Comment

If you're looking for originality, have you thought about combining interior pieces from every color and fabric Honda produced for the CB7? I think a blue cloth seat sitting next to that gray leather seat would look just wicked. Sorry, had to do it.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Frozen...sorry i was just kinda tired after completing the auto to manual seatbelt conversion(more work than i expected)

The outside is a dark graphite grey. I was thinking a dark blue would look good, but wasnt sure about how it would go over w/the exterior. I plan on fiberglassing the doors to make them a bit more modern, cuz i think they look a little cheap. I did the center consol w/some fiberglass(had to raise the part just around the shift boot up about an inch, and forward due to the DIY short shifter) so i plan on adding a cupholder or two up there. Also going to end up fiberglassing some of the dash just to make it different, and possibly adding a nice guage(sp) pod in front of the dash clock like the wrx sti's

I guess I'll have to do some p/s and see what it would look like.

Comment

haha man marooon is a color i dont like. i like the black look in your car right now but it is agreed that the rest has to go.

graphite black is cool....but even the color u want is fine. id change the door pannel carpeting to tan or something.

i think the dash should match the steering wheel unless u get a 5th gen whell =) thats leather
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X