Pedals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedals...

This time last week I ordered the RAZO carbon fiber pedals. They came in a few days ago. About an hour and a half later they were on. i looked at them and they looked cool...minus one big thing: the gas pedal was sticking half way out. Pissed, I looked behind there. The reason of this was because of this little box thingy on the back of the gas pedal. It like prevents the pedal from being pressed too hard or something. Odd. Anyway that little thing is the reason for my positioning. The pedals are fine overall but the drivers' one looks odd. Here's a pic in paint of them.

Colors:

light blue = stock pedal
    purple = razo pedal
    green = little box behind pedal
    yellow = metal tie bar to hold pedal on
    red arrow = pointing to tie bar

HELP!!!!!!
    Attached Files
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

and a frontal pic...
    Attached Files

. Snail Squad .

Comment

so whats the problem? it doesnt fit correctly u mean? hah.. cut that box off the back w/ a dremel

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

that's what I was getting at.

so that little plastic thing isn't used for anything? why did honda put it there? lol

. Snail Squad .

Comment

that box is used as a rest when the pedal is "floored". at full press, the box rests on the carpet. it keeps the throttle cable that is attached to the pedal from being over-pulled. don't remove this. i suggest to just bend the metal tie bar to go around the box so the screws that hold the pedal will go in at an angle. one metal tie on top and one at the bottom of the box. it'll hold and will be a little lower than the stock pedal, but it'll be better than what you have now. it's kinda hard to explain. that's what i did on my razos. good luck!
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

dril a holle right through the pedal into the box and put a tiny but long screw through it thats what i did and you cant even tell,i didnt even need the strap.just 2 screws.

Comment

in those pics it looks cheesy on the gas pedal isnt it suppose to like go over the whole thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                in those pics it looks cheesy on the gas pedal isnt it suppose to like go over the whole thing?
                thats what he was talking about in the first two posts of his when he said it looked odd. he was asking for help in regards to how to stop that.
                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

you're exactly right chessboxer

keep in mind that these are in the classified area if anyoe's interested!!!!!!!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Working...
                  X