short throw shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short throw shifter

does anybody have any advice on a good short throw shifter for a 92 ex coupe.? like namebrands or certain types? any suggestions would be appreciated.

you've got 3 choices, forbidden, p-spec or make your own. I have forbidden and love it and have no plans to change it, p-spec sucked at the time I got it, but now they are on a completely new 2nd design so it may very well be just as good/better. as for making your own well I was stupid at first and just cut the shifter and thought well that didnt do much so after a while I bought the forbidden and then I actually learned about it and realized you can pretty much accomplish the same thing by making a bracket to hold the cable higher.
    HSHO #3

Comment

where?

where is the website for the forbidden shifter. how do i go about gettin one?

Comment

I would do one of the 3

1) forbidden shifter
        2)p-spec
        3)92-96 prelude shifter and modify the cable connectors

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

http://www.forbiddenmotorsports.com/

Comment

HURRY UP AN BUY!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2448847265

Comment

here is all the info you will ever need for the 4 bidden...

http://www.accordinglydone.com/forum...&threadid=2482
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I know this is an old thread, just wanted to say thanks for your guys support!

In response to 93accordex's comment about just raising the cable to accomplish the same thing....this is not true. If this were true people would just buy adaptors. I'm not going to give away my research that I did to come up with my shifter, but it was a lot more than just raising the cable.

I'd also like to say that weight plays a big role in the comfort and shift feel of it. Weight is a GOOD thing which is why people who use those heavy knobs like Skunk2 notice such an increase in smooth shift feel. Save lightweight pieces for things such as rotating assemblies and wheels.
                -Jeremy

Comment

I'm looking into getting a short shifter and I'm wondering if Neuspeed makes one for our cars. On this website it says that they are for our cars, but I have never seen it for sale anywhere else so I'm not sure. http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/MODASSK Anyone know if that is just a typo or something?

Comment

Neuspeed has never and will never make a complete short shifter for the 4gen or 5gen Accord.

They use generic pictures for those ads, that is the problem. YOu can tell by the picture it is NOT for an Accord
                    -Jeremy

Comment

hey 4bidden when is your site going to open. i know it says 1/04 but i was just wondering
                      cb7 sold
                      2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                      95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Well I made my own using about $4.00 in parts from Home Depot. Here are the two pictures I had posted on HS awhile ago when I did it.

The higher you would mount the make shift bracket the shorter the throw would become. I found leaving it set where I have it yeilds the shortest throw and doesn't interfere with the bottom of my cup holder.

Granted having a fabricated shift lever like the 4bidden would be really nice but I achieved my goal with less then $5 bucks and an afternoon of free time. I probably will end up buying the actual 4bidden lever one day but for now there are other parts that would benefit more from the money.
                        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

what exactly did you get from home depot..i wouldn't mind doing that right now to my shifter either..the $$$ is being invested on the turbo setup
                          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

???

yeah, what did you get exactly from home depot. i agree that i will get a legit short throw shifter some day , but for now i could use the money on some other parts. and five bucks for a shorter throw sounds great to me for now.

Comment

Here is a link to the original thread on HS :http://board.hondasociety.com/showth...threadid=76368. If you scroll down to my post I have a list of what I bought from Home Depot and some short instructions.
                              My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Working...
                              X