Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think of these seats?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

The leather used is probably fairly cheap, so I'll have to watch for tears. I do know they're black and my interior is blue...but I plan on recovering the interior in black tweed and grey marble tweed accents...it'll look good.

Not to mention I won't be sliding out of the seat any more on those hard corners...

So, whaddya think?

if you like them, then get them

...i personally dont like them to be honest

Comment

theyre not reall leather...the name of the seat are "2x leather" and if you keep reading it says "made by] leather" not made of leather

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
        theyre not reall leather...the name of the seat are "2x leather" and if you keep reading it says "made by] leather" not made of leather
        I know.

I can always have them recovered in whatever I want...

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
          I know.

I can always have them recovered in whatever I want...
          that doesn't seem like a smart buy.

in and of themselves, the seats are 184.99-187.99. shipping is 135. and getting the shipping insurance is required (according to the auction) for an additional 5.

so, off the top, it will cost 324.99-327.99.

getting it recovered by some quality material with a quality installation would probably be 80-100 per seat, if not more. so you'd be looking at 484.99 -527.99. and that's for some no name off brand seats.

there is a saying "that which is cheap, becomes expensive." i think this may be the case with these seats.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

As long as they're comfortable and sturdy, I don't care. I'm not a brand whore, so I couldn't be bothered whether they have the "Sparco" or "Bride" logos plastered all over them. Shipping for those seats will be expensive as well...not to mention the $5-600 you pay for each seat.

Install will be done by myself, so no worries there.

Even if I were to have them recovered, which I won't unless the "leather" is complete crap and cracks all to hell, I'm still only paying $250 a seat. Hell, you might even pay MORE than that for other OEM seats that won't hold you nearly as well as these will...I know the 4g Accord seats are shit for holding you while in tight turns, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
              As long as they're comfortable and sturdy, I don't care. I'm not a brand whore, so I couldn't be bothered whether they have the "Sparco" or "Bride" logos plastered all over them. Shipping for those seats will be expensive as well...not to mention the $5-600 you pay for each seat.

Install will be done by myself, so no worries there.

Even if I were to have them recovered, which I won't unless the "leather" is complete crap and cracks all to hell, I'm still only paying $250 a seat. Hell, you might even pay MORE than that for other OEM seats that won't hold you nearly as well as these will...I know the 4g Accord seats are shit for holding you while in tight turns, that's for sure.
              i'm not sure why you asked for our thoughts, if you've already justified the reason(s) to get them.

if your car is at the height it is in your sig, you may want to reconsider doing suspension before getting a "racing" seat. also, you may want to think long term, because it's likely much easier to resell your car with the stock seat, then it is with a racing seat. i'd even venture to guess that it's easier to resell a car with an oem seat from another model car than it is with a set of "racing" seats.

i also didn't notice the first time i looked at the auction, that the auction does not include adapters for mounting the seat.

and if you autocross your car or are thinking about it, it would probably make more sense to have a non-leather seat than it would to have a leather seat.

don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking you for buying/thinking about buying/wanting to buy these seats... but in the end, i think these seats will be average at best and not really "hold" you any better than an oem seat - after all, this is a universal seat... and an oem seat is a universal seat...

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I posted to see what other people thought of them, to see if they had the same train of thought as I do. But it seems it didn't work out that way, I guess conveying my thoughts with a keyboards is tough to do sometimes.

Suspension is planned for this summer...Neuspeed race springs w/ KYB AGX struts. No worries.

I have thought long term and will be keeping this car for quite awhile. Would be pointless for me not to keep it after I do what I plan on doing this summer...

No, it doesn't include adapters, but I have access to a machinist and a welder if I can't adapt the stock brackets.

About autocrossing...if there's no room for your body to move in the seat, IMO, there's no worries about the type of material the seat is covered in...if you're planted in the seat, you're planted in the seat, no matter if it's cloth, tweed, leather, whatever.

I don't know about you, but I slide in the stock seats now when cornering hard...I'm not a big guy and those seats have a trunk width of 13.5", which would be perfect for me..."snug as a bug in a rug" comes to mind...

Front seats are pretty far down the list for me anyways...I still have more important things to be done on the car first...though they will need to be changed out because they won't really match with a black/marble grey tweed interior...

Comment

Yea, if your going to spend the money, you may as well get some beter leather

Comment

For the seats, I would recommend being able to sit in them first. Some seats feel like a brick, while others hold you perfectly. I sat in a set of corbeaus, and .. i could have fallen asleep right in them. The knockoffs at autozone, much different story. Granted, I know that there have to be knockoffs that are much cheaper that are exactly the same as the high end ones, but you have to know for sure thats what they are.

Comment

I'm happy with my stock seats but leather would be a nice addition!!!

get ur turbo project done frist!!

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
                        get ur turbo project done frist!!

Oh, you better believe it!!

Comment

u should contact "ish" from WCCustom's..

he will hok yu up with some nic lether..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Just a point of interest...I have heard some horror stories from people buying off brand seats. The back adjustment broke sending the people flat on their back on the highway. You mention you don't care for buying Sparco's just for the name. Don't forget in addition to the name those seats have stellar quality and good materials. If you're getting seats, I honestly wouldn't cheap out. That is just me. Stock performance seats (S2k, Del Sol, Prelude) are Recaro. They're Recaro for a reason...just something to think about.

Comment

Well, I'd really like to swap to some other Honda OEM seat, such as the 4g/5g
                              Prelude, but in cloth. But because they're "Honda," they demand a premium, even in used condition.

I'd rather not cheap out either, but g'damn, the prices they ask for some of those seats is ridiculous IMO!
                              Last edited by WeDgE; 04-26-2005, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X