Leather wrapped wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather wrapped wheel

All you guys lusting after OEM leather wrapped wheels, check this out. You send them your wheel and they send it back all wrapped up for about $200 with shipping included.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/sw21.htm

They will wrap the airbag wheels too.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

SE's had leather wrapped wheels from the factory. I have an extra one I grabbed from the junkyard.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Usually they're pretty ratty, though. It's pretty seldom that you'll find a good leather-wrapped steering wheel that's been exposed to the sun for 20+ years.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah, agreed, Jarrett. I have a '91 SE, and the steering wheel could probably use a re-wrap.Granted, I have seen worse, but I will definitely be looking into this soon! :-)
        Originally posted by crazymikey
        I thought a toaster with wheels was pretty cool....

Comment

Mine is nicked and a bit beat from the sun but I still enjoy it and feel it belongs in my car granted the car's interior is a SE swap. I really like it because I find that the oem ones lose there stiffness and start to be flimsy on the top and that's a bit annoying to me.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
          Do it once, do it right.
          Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
          Missing My
          White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            SE's had leather wrapped wheels from the factory. I have an extra one I grabbed from the junkyard.
            Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            Usually they're pretty ratty, though. It's pretty seldom that you'll find a good leather-wrapped steering wheel that's been exposed to the sun for 20+ years.
            Exactly. OEM wrapped wheels are rare and when you do find one, likely it's in rough shape after being exposed to the elements for 20 years.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

early summer when itd be humid in the morning my SE's would disintegrate and leave my hands all nasty so I just cut it off on the side of the road..man that leather was dessicated. They have these kits though that come with a needle and some nice supple looking leather....200 plus shipping and pulling the wheel and doing without for however long seems a little steep for something you can do yourself and if youre careful getting the same results for a lot cheaper.
              Looks good though.

Comment

Working...
              X