Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CB Arm Rest Center Console - multiple types?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB Arm Rest Center Console - multiple types?

I never knew there were TWO (or more) types of armrest center consoles for the CB?

I guess it goes to show you that, even after a few years into these cars and thinking you know just about everything, there's more to know.

CDN/DX/Wagon 92-93 "rare, JDM (no it isn't!), blah blah blah" center console.
    High-Rise (USDM/CDN has a cup holder inside) A.K.A., The "Tall Boy":

And then there's this New Guy, "Shorty," who I've never seen before.
    Maybe this is a JDM-specific center console? Mid-Rise, without a cup holder:

EDIT: This is the 4WS Armrest.
    The tunnel channel is higher in the 4WS Accord, for the rear wheel steering components.
    Hence the need for different shaped center console parts.

Check this diagram for other specific 4WS center console parts, such as the main tray, ash trays, cigarette lighter, and accessory button locations.
    4WS model components are on the left, standard Accord components are on the right.

If you can't identify differences right off the bat (leather/cloth top is irrelevant), look at the size difference. The second one is about half as tall as the CDN/USDM DX 92-93. Compare the height based on the rear trays.

I guess the CDN/USDM Tall Boy also has a cup holder underneath the arm rest cushion, which isn't in this (JDM?) variant.

I dunno about you guys, but I'd much rather have the second type. It's lower, and "out of the way."

Last edited by Joshy; 08-21-2010, 02:54 PM.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Aint that something. Maybe the shorter one is for coupes....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
      Aint that something. Maybe the shorter one is for coupes....
      That's what I was thinking! But there's this snippet from the Tall Boy's ebay listing,

THIS AUCTION IS FOR SET OF JDM HONDA ACCORD CB COUPE SERIES LETHER ARM REST CONSOLE WITH BRACKETS WHICH MAKE YOUR INSTALATION WORK MORE EASY . THIS CONSOLE WAS TAKEN OUT FROM HIGH GRADE ACCORD EVEN THE INSIDE BOX ALSO HAVE VALVET COATING THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO HAVE THIS CONSOLE FROM LEATHER INTERIOR VERY RARE AND ARE IN A GOOD USED CONDITION.

Comment

So the tall boy is a coupe and a the shorty is a sedan...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

So the tall boy is a coupe and a the shorty is a sedan...?
          Guess so? Maybe someone with supreme JDM knowledge can chime in?

ohhhhhhhh, Warudakumi!

Comment

I think the shorty one is off a cb5.. the base looks to long at the bottom for a cb.

Thought the tall boy was the only one.

Comment

Well i have a tall boy, and aside from my ebrake not lining up(9293) it fits my sedan, so....

They look similar but the Shorty looks like it has more console in front of the ebrake, if that makes sense, which is almost leading me to believe its maybe for a CD Accord...

I dont know

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                I think the shorty one is off a cb5.. the base looks to long at the bottom for a cb.

Thought the tall boy was the only one.
                CB5? Inspire/Vigor? The vigor center console looks nothing like the CB console. Look at the screw mounting locations and overall shape. It fits. Definitely fits.

Well i have a tall boy, and aside from my ebrake not lining up(9293) it fits my sedan, so....

They look similar but the Shorty looks like it has more console in front of the ebrake, if that makes sense, which is almost leading me to believe its maybe for a CD Accord...

I dont know
                This isn't off a CD. The break between center console and gearbox cover are higher than a CB, and the CD's e-brake is off-center.

Comment

Then i say CB coupe. I dont know why, but that shorty just looks like it belongs in a coupe.

Comment

I think length wise it is the same. what makes it look diffrent is how back it goes. the inside looks smaller on the 2nd Pic

Links to my rides :
                    1992 Accord EX*
                    1990 Accord EX
                    1991 Accord SE (4th)
                    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                    1991 Accord SE

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

whoever picked this little guy up... i'm expecting a full review with photos!

Comment

i think i might have the lower one in my 91 coupe -exr (canadian)
                        ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by rave93 View Post
                          i think i might have the lower one in my 91 coupe -exr (canadian)
                          ohhhh... post pics!

Comment

Yeah, the "tall boy" is a coupe console. Not sure if the shorty is wagon and/or sedan, but i too would like to see pics, so, bump up people.

Comment

yeah. i want to see more pics too. any know what these go for $ wise.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
                              Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Working...
                              X