Racing Seats, Are They Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing Seats, Are They Worth It?

So my car is my daily driver and I am in the process of remodeling everything from the engine bay to the interior. What I am wondering is are racing seats really worth it. Would I be sacrificing comfort for appearance by going with racing seats. I heard that they are pretty uncomfortable. I dont want to even consider wasting my money if this is the case, I'd rather stay stock. I know they have their good aspects to them if you're at the track often, but this is my daily, not a race car. I'd like the look, but dont know if they're worth it?

So racing seats, waste of money or not?

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Yes they are worth it, I personally would go for Recaro or Sparco.
    The stock seats in our CB are mildly heavy (about 50lb each) and the racing seats are like around I would say.....25-30lb in the most.
    And yes It gives our cars a greater appearance.....interior wise....later.
    Last edited by pedroalcala; 11-23-2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

arent they uncomfortable though.. thats more what im worried about. im more concerned with comfort than weight. like i said, its my dd not my race car.

Comment

Depends what seats your planning on using.
        Some are comfortable, and some aren't.

Go sit in some and decide which ones are comfortable for you.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

True, check them out first.....I heard that Recaro are one of the most confortable racing seats......

Comment

if your worried about them being confortable...then get the Bride Gias. They are wider then most seats and they are also reclinable.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I love my Recaro seats. I think they're are some of the most comfortable and functional seats I've sat in. I had a pair of 3A seats which weren't that bad, but gain 20 lbs and you'll change your mind fast. Reputable companies like Sparco, Recaro, etc, will provide you with seat dimensions so that you can get a seat that is the proper height, waist width, shoulder width, and adjustments.

It all comes down to the fact that you should physically sit in one and make your comfort decision based on that. You can't go by what other's say because everyone is built differently. If you can comfortably sit in a racing seat and it's not heavier than your OEM, I say it's totally worth it.

Since it's a daily driver, I recommend getting a seat that will work with a pair of sliders, and has an adjustable seat back. Getting a stationary seat for a DD car may not be your best purchase.

Also remember that an inexpensive or generic seat, even if it's comfortable, may not hold up to daily use. Cheaper fabrics or vinyl will wear out, tear, or begin to crack faster than a pricier seat that is built to last.

One suggestion I have for you is to try looking for used OEM "race style" seats like the RSX, Civic SI, SRT4, S2000, etc because for the factory to put those seats in a car that they expect the owner to drive on a daily basis is one indicator that they are built to last.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

hmmm, i wouldnt mind fabbing some rsx seats into my car. good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
                  hmmm, i wouldnt mind fabbing some rsx seats into my car. good idea
                  Haha! I have a set right now they ain't in yet but let me tell you they are comfy as hell!!!!!

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

Recaro or GTFO

Theres a REASON they're in busses and transit vehicles for the driver.

Every TTC Vehicle Ive seen has Recaros.. including the subway.

Generic "racing seats" ... not always the best... The fabric and frame are almost always sub par quality and will look like shit in no time.

Good "budget baller" seats would be "sport plaids" from a MK3 Golf GTi

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Originally posted by Luna92 View Post
                      Haha! I have a set right now they ain't in yet but let me tell you they are comfy as hell!!!!!
                      oooo i want some!

Comment

Depends on your definition of racing seats...Ebay = Shit... Buy name brand if you want a seat.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

These are the seats I want.

Comment

i like those

Comment

either upgrade to nicer oem seats or go big and buy some reclineable seats with big bolsters from any reputable company.

racing seats feel nice, they keep you stationary in corners, even if you dont turn hard, you'll feel the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X