Gauge Placement...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge Placement...

Ok. I am workin on more gauges for my ride. Mainly, cause I am going turbo, and I wanna know what's goin on under the hood. Has anyone placed gauges in the dash, right above the glovebox? If so, pics, and how easy was it to see?

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Yea I put my AirRide gauges in the dash over the glove box...

Pretty simple, just got a 2" complete hole drill bit, then drilled it. Also I didnt put them in the middle of the space because if you look on the backside the glove box hindge is there...so I had to put them to the left.

Also there is some metal bracing that you'll have to drill through, so I suggest getting a metal hole bit.

I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow and show you.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Ok, I just snapped a quick pic....and I just thought, I should have taken it from the driver side so you could see how much of the gauges are visible.

Its kinda hard to see the left side of the gauge because of the location, but since its my air ride gauges its not like I have to monitor them every second.

Also note, I left one gauge out, havent got around to installing it...and the car is very dirty, but its going through a swap and paint job at the moment so just think its clean.

Jay
      Attached Files

Comment

lol.worries, I got my car lookin like a dirt rally. I gotta clean it wit my auto dry stuff. I want the gauges to actually be visible..I wonder if I should just mount then in a carbon pod up on the dash..

-A. Swift
        CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

hopefully these pix will stay up
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

...and I thought my car was dirty. At least the gauges do their job.

Jay

Comment

Molded them into Jason's dash board. These are the ones hooked up to his air ride.

The gauge pillars are for his turbo for his H22, but the engine is pulled as they are rebuilding it.

That was off topic, but if you are going to fiberglass your dash, you could mold some gauges into there.

Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

i figure I could ehose cabon fer pos on ebay and place it next to the tach..

-A. Swift
                CB7 member number 137

Comment

ok, u guys know how to hook the tach up? Like, what wire am I supposed to run the tach signal to? Any pics? Also, how can I hide the wires for the tach?

-A. Swift
                  CB7 member number 137

Comment

Working...
                  X