modifying stock bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modifying stock bumper?

I was wondering..has anyone tried turning the stock oem bumper into a slight bodykit? What I mean is..take for example taht lower grill, that the turnsignal/fog lights sit in..Why not cut out that plastic strip that goes across the bumper, and then put wire mesh behind it? I was thinking about doing this..but has anyone ever modded their stock bumper? I wanna see, so if ya got pics..please, lemme see..

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

I think it would look like of stupid because it wouldn't be low and it wouldn't have any agression sytle of look to it, it would just look like a stock bumper that was all cut up.

Thats my .02 though.
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

well, after lowering my car, it would look low..I was just thinking of that, as neons are gonna be placed under the car..kinda our signature thing around here i guess..me and liek 5 others are getting some tomorrow..oh, and don't lecture me about it being too TFATF, because ,frankly, we have been doing shit like this before that movie ever ruined the scene..

-A. Swift
      CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
        well, after lowering my car, it would look low..I was just thinking of that, as neons are gonna be placed under the car..kinda our signature thing around here i guess..me and liek 5 others are getting some tomorrow..oh, and don't lecture me about it being too TFATF, because ,frankly, we have been doing shit like this before that movie ever ruined the scene..

-A. Swift
        [offTopic] what the rice scene, lol j/k, that movie kinda sparked it up a little more, people who sell body kits and crap make 1948 x's more then what they did before it, lolz, the whole movie was just a advertisement [/offTopic]...but yeah ive messed with moding the stock front bumper, with lots of sawing and bondo that is, and trying to get and idea what it will look like when i have to cut the sucker up to fit the FMIC, the thing that ive seen that looks hott is too cut out the two strips of plastic running across the middle connected to the license plate thingys and the bottom part of the bumper out, and then run across some sort of lip(mugen, whatever) on the bottom...ill photoshop something...or see if i can find some pics lying around...but it will only look right with the Frount Mount...ill see what it looks like with some mesh i guess.
        Last edited by lowoctane; 06-20-2004, 05:56 PM.

^sold

Comment

That's exactly what I a speaking of..I have a black car, so picture that ,with silver or white wire mesh behind that, and then a blue 36 inche neon tube behind that..at night..man, would it look killer! Along with my projectors and hids, that would totally kill!!! I think..I jsut wanna see what perhaps it would look like, or if anyone has done it before..

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137

Comment

so, no other input? I get my neons tomorrow..I wanna know if when I get my projectors put in..if this is worth it..I think it would look killer, but then again, I realy have no idea..

-A. Swift
            CB7 member number 137

Comment

ok, the 7-color led neons are in place, but I have not attached the front tube yet..I am awaiting to do that when I get my projectors on monday. I wanna know..should I, or should I not cut out that lower front bumper cross-member, and place a wire mesh screen behind it, and back-light that with the last tube? There is no other area I can think of on where to place that tube up front..

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137

Comment

Re: Anyone try this?

I was wondering..has anyone tried turning the stock oem bumper into a slight bodykit? ..but has anyone ever modded their stock bumper? I wanna see, so if ya got pics..please, lemme see..

-A. Swift
                i had these bumpers(sold to excalibur02)..stock ex bumpers w/shaved moldings
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I can't really see the difference..but, I got my headlights, and all that good stuff. the neons are installed, but not the front tube..there is no place to put it! I still dunno if I should place a mesh grill here or not, but I need to know asap!

-A. Swift
                  CB7 member number 137

Comment

I can't really see the difference..-A. Swift
                    nothing drastic was done..just the moldings shaved off to match the rest of the car
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                      I think it would look like of stupid because it wouldn't be low and it wouldn't have any agression sytle of look to it, it would just look like a stock bumper that was all cut up.

Thats my .02 though.
                      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Re: Anyone try this?

I was wondering..has anyone tried turning the stock oem bumper into a slight bodykit? What I mean is..take for example taht lower grill, that the turnsignal/fog lights sit in..Why not cut out that plastic strip that goes across the bumper, and then put wire mesh behind it? I was thinking about doing this..but has anyone ever modded their stock bumper? I wanna see, so if ya got pics..please, lemme see..

-A. Swift
                        I think this is a good idea if you turn it into a functional front bumper cover ...i've had an idea for a while I'm going to integrate into mine...i take it u have a 90-91 bumper cover...
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

nope..92-93. I was thinking of removing that bar that goes right across the middle of the lower part of the bumper. It's the part that the license plate attaches to, and goes across the bottom of the fog lights..

-A. Swift
                          CB7 member number 137

Comment

Working...
                          X