X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95sideskirt on cb7-it can b done

95sideskirt on cb7-it can happen
    I love my Honda-eastside Long Beach-

looks good i guess. More pics maybe. was it from a 95 coupe or sedan?

Comment

yea, a member on here has the mugen sides from a cd5/5gen on his. the name slips my mind right now. i'll edit this post if i think of it later.

*edit: the member i was thinking of is swassheefry
      his member's ride thread here

Last edited by uncle_el; 06-07-2004, 11:58 AM.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

interesting. care to give more details? I have a set of 5th gen skirts that I've been thinking of installing forever... the length was perfect but the clips didn't line up and I never ended up following through with it
        HSHO #3

Comment

i thinks swasshafry has the mugen ones on his car. now do the oem 5th gens look any bigger at all
          cb7 sold
          2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
          95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

swassheefry's thoughts on how he put on the mugen sideskirts:
            the sideskirts r easy, u juss havta cut the end off that is at the front of the car, trim the base a lil b/c its too wide. take the factory skirts off. and u drill new holes and just put em on. the triangle endcap thing covers up the part u hadta cutooff so u can notice it anyway. i got them from www.streetstyler.com for free b/c one came broken and i never had them replaced and when i juss started lookin at em to see what hadta be done to retrofit them i noticed what needed to be cut was the part that was broken off anyway. it was kick ass.
            i'm not sure if this would pertain to the way in which other sideskirts for the 5gen need to be put on, but i would imagine that it is.

Comment

fawkin hawt
              Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

i think hes on AT.. he told me how to do it... he didnt say what brand wont work.. so im pretty suck any lip kit would work
                86 nissan 200sx turbo

Comment

Looks good man, good idea!
                  If you can't hear it before you can see it...It's not worth it.
                  The Pop Tarts guy says: BAAAAAAAAAAYUM!
                  But Lil' Jon says: YEEEEEEEEEEEEAYUH!...and OKAAAAAAAYEH!
                  EATSLEEPDRIVE

Comment

I've been wondering about this for a while now! Certifit here I come! I have to complete my CD5 "body kit" I'm wondering about the stock 5th gen rear lip as well. I know there are a few styles, one with the muffler cut out, and one that's one piece (like a front lip). Has anyone tried that yet?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      I've been wondering about this for a while now! Certifit here I come! I have to complete my CD5 "body kit" I'm wondering about the stock 5th gen rear lip as well. I know there are a few styles, one with the muffler cut out, and one that's one piece (like a front lip). Has anyone tried that yet?
                      go to this thread for thoughts on the idea of a 5gen bumper lip

Comment

yea it was me who did the 5th gen mugen skirt. its really simple. u just havtacut the end off the front so its long enough and then use that triangle cover piece to hide the cuts. then trim the width a little and drill some holes n mount it. i didnt use any stock mounting holes. i made all new ones and bolted it on. id say it would take someone 45 minutes to an hour to do them both. took me a little longer cuz i wasnt sure hoe to go about doin it at first and i couldnt get the oem skirt off. but after that it was so simple, anybody could do it. im also interested in the "5th gen lip kit" id like to have some sort of rear lip to finish off the look. we should check this out definitely
                        In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

you can also use acura tl skirts....if any of you old guys from HS remember Illusagen...he really started the greddy lip trend for me and jason...
                          Attached Files

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
                          AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

i used the 94-97 accord oem skirts, secured to the bottom of the factory ones. had to use a heat gun to flatten out the ends on the bottom where it drops down a little on 4th gen. then played around with placement. if you have it out to where it flush w/ the stock one, it gives it a nice flair to where its wider, and the rear 5thgen has the flaired out part in the rear is more pronounced for it sticks out, (instead of under the car on the 5th gen) i bolted them together, trimmed off the bottom of the 5th g. where it mounts under the car, sealed the seam where the two meet. gives it a double rolled skirt. both together is about as low as the mudflaps, and there plastic so if you scrape they wont break like fiberglass.

just some ideas

91 ex 1badwag
                            91 lx wag (aka the beater)
                            92 ex 4-door
                            HONDA...its not just a way of life...its an ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You have the 5th gen skirts below the 4th gen skirts? I can't picture how that looks... well, the picture in my head looks pretty bad! I'd really like to see pics to see how you did it!

honestly, (call me a ricer) I really want to be able to put some neons on my car withough showing tube. Skirts will help this, I'm sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X