Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lighting ideas for the holes in a mugen lip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lighting ideas for the holes in a mugen lip?

i think im finally giving up my search for oem fogs and i like the clean look of no fogs in odd spots on the front bumper but the mugen lip has the two cutouts and was thinking of doing somrhing with them, they seem to small for foglights? maybe led's or somthing, then again its probably a crazy idea with how low the lip is, what do you guys think

Piaa products are the proverbial shit. Here's a couple suggestions. I'd poke around their site.

6 HI-LED setup. They're spiffy.

Dual mode, slimline. Switches between driving lights and foglights to adapt to driving conditions.

Comment

nice find! but piaa is proably more than im looking to spend and willing to risk about 4 inches off the road

Comment

personally, i don't think it's a good idea. as you said, the lip is quite low and i would imagine a rock or other debris would hit the light and knock it off track or break it before you really got any use.

but more importantly, i would imagine that the light wouldn't benefit your driving at all. being 4 inches from the ground, i would think the lights would have to be aimed slightly upwards for it to cast a usable beam.

i suppose led's would look ok, but i would think that more "show" than functionality.

i'd be interested to see/hear usc and xplode's thoughts on your idea.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

its a good idea chris but i think its a little too risky. When i had mine i would hit shit like debree on the road. and if you have it on durring the winter months there not gonna last.
          cb7 sold
          2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
          95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

just goto like Home Depot or someplace get a piece of Plexiglass to cover it...done and done, no rock chips killing the lights and such.

Comment

check out dutchaccords ride. that dude got some fogs in his lip..looks clean.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

if you find some cheap ones then i say just go for it...but i doubt any debree will fly up exactly thru the holes and hit the fog...but thats why i say get cheap ones....id be more scared of bottoming out and cracking the bulb or some shit

Turbo CB7 is Gone ...But I Still Come Around
                AWD TURBO IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!

Comment

Working...
                X