No announcement yet.

VIS Invader or OEM Style opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you that have done the CF hood, how is the fit? I am guessing Vis is the top choice for quality?

I know it is a ways down on my list, but I have started thinking about adding one. Is there any weight savings between the CF OEM style and the stock hood? How about mounting? Should they all be mounted with hood pins or can you keep it cleaning looking and use the stock latch?

Any and all input on CF hoods in general is greatly apprecaited.

Thanks.
    Eric91Z
    eric91z@globalccs.net
    '92 Honda Accord EX Coupe - For Sale (email me)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric91Z
      Those of you that have done the CF hood, how is the fit? I am guessing Vis is the top choice for quality?

I know it is a ways down on my list, but I have started thinking about adding one. Is there any weight savings between the CF OEM style and the stock hood? How about mounting? Should they all be mounted with hood pins or can you keep it cleaning looking and use the stock latch?

Thanks.
      My hood fits pretty damn well, but is a little tight on the drivers side. I guess it's pretty hard to get an exact OEM match on size. Everything around the headlights, grill looks fantastic. There are some weight savings, but it's not drastic enough to shave serious time from your quarter. VIS recommends that you use hood pins. I used them because my hood latch is a POS and I can't get it to work with my hood. I have seen lots of people go without using hood pins, so just use your own judgement on that one. Good luck with the new hood
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric91Z

Thanks.

my VIS hood fitment was horrible. i had to get hood pins to hold the driver side down to the fender. with the hoodpins, it fits great.

i am trying to sell my VIS invader hood still!
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Working...
        X