tryin to get bumper pieces straight..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tryin to get bumper pieces straight..

What exactly is the "bumper support"? Is it the metal peice that's a part of the actual bumper? Or is it a part of the frame of the car? Is it the same thing as a "bumper reinforcement"?
    I searched and found plenty on bumper supports but not much telling what it actually is, or pics.

Oh yeah and if I buy a bumper "cover" I'm guessing this does NOT come with the supoprt?
    Last edited by phunkatek; 12-31-2006, 01:22 AM.

bumper

well a new bumper cover is exactly what it says it is. its a cover you take your bumper off like you would to replace your headlights, and then you'll see all the little plastic retainers. i think like 14 or so, take them off and swap it over. some aftermarket bumpers dont require you to put the foam piece back in. (its in between the fiberglass support and the bumper cover you wont see it until you take the cover off)

this should be in the beginners but we all start somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by phunkatek
      What exactly is the "bumper support"? Is it the metal peice that's a part of the actual bumper? Or is it a part of the frame of the car? Is it the same thing as a "bumper reinforcement"?
      It is a piece that seperates from the front of the car and from the bumper cover. I don't think it is metal, although it is very hard. It is the same thing as the bumper reinforcement I believe

Originally posted by phunkatek
      Oh yeah and if I buy a bumper "cover" I'm guessing this does NOT come with the supoprt?
      No, it does not come with the support OR the piece of foam that is placed between the bumper support and the bumper cover.

Hope that helps

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

its a really, really hard plastic.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Originally posted by pig pen
          its a really, really hard plastic.
          It is fiberglass.
          FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

bumper reinforcment:

bumper cover:

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

bumper cover= the part that you see on the outside of the car...the whole front piese

bumper support= hard thick fiberglass behind the bumper cover

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

oh, it is fiberglass? Thats kinda wierd i always thought fiberglass was kinda crappy.

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

Working...
                X