Carbon fiber hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon fiber hoods

Hey y'all I'm thinking of getting a CF hood.

I want to ask to anyone who has one: How is the fit and finish? As good as factory? Also what's the cost? Does anybody also know the weight difference?
    -Thanks
    My CB7 post on my blog
    My CB7 thread

the fitment will be good if it's a quality hood like VIS. you get what you pay for... im guessing its 20lbs lighter?
    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

Comment

i got mine from streetconcept.com and boy am i pleased, it fits perfect and is incredibly lighter altho i spent 700 shipped i feel like it was a good investment, that site has many other hoods besides mine
      Everything done on this baby is all by me, NOT one thing done by a shop or store

My myspace hit me up

Comment

Hey, on the subject of CF hoods, anybody ever seen one thats OEM with a vent/scoop right above where a SRI would be? Like ya know how the 95-99 eclipses have that "hump"? Like that only its a vent...i guess functionalwould be appropriate

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

seibon hoods are considered the best from what ive heard

Comment

Originally posted by keegur
            altho i spent 700 shipped i feel like it was a good investment, that site has many other hoods besides mine
            Wow, that's a lot of cheddar.....
            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

know a guy that works in a warehouse with this shit...his discoutn is "price" + 10% so a OEM Seibon hood for my CB7 would cost me around $300 total......GOD...what am i doing sitting here!?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

^^^why dont you get me a hood already

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Have actually considered that, but i think my friends boss would notice a mass order of 9093 accord hoods which would be No Bueno..he can get aay with gettin me a discount cuz hes not into tuners so it appears hes ordering stuff for his car, but in fact is mine--anywho..trust me, if i could get the hook-up on half a dozen CF hoods, this'll be the first place i go

Comment

I'm DEFINITELY getting a CF hood in the future... I'm still trying to decide between vented and OEM. I like the clean OEM look, but I'm planning some things that could definitely make use of additional engine bay cooling! That OEM style hood with a small single vent would be ideal. If something like that does exist, let me know!

Comment

Just my luck(or....our luck)it doesnt exist and whomever wants a vent is gonna have to fab one...ouch!

Comment

Yeah, if it doesn't exist, then the best thing to do is go to someone that can create it themselves, like they did with the trunks. Bah! Why do the vented ones have to be so "extreme" looking?

Comment

"Its the EXTREME!!" looks like the hood was once in liquid form and something fell in it and it molded that way. If not Seibon, there are other companies that make diff kinds of hoods, ive seen some that have holes/vents/scoops and they werent too "extreme" looking...

Comment

Keegur's is pretty decent in that pic. I'll see it in person tomorrow, so I'll know if I'd like one like that or not The appearance of the vents really do look best when paired with a body kit, but the function is important as well.

To get a vented hood, I woudn't go cheap. The more expesnive ones are designed so water won't do damage to the engine bay (at least they should be!). Who knows what you'll get with a cheapie!

accordtunerx, the guy who started this site, got a VIS hood off of ebay years ago. It was cheap for a VIS hood. He learned why... apparently the latch was off a little, and the hood wouldn't close properly. He had to modify it to get it to fit right. It looked good after that, until the day he went back to OEM. I think someone on here has his hood on their car still (I can't remember his name right now...)

Comment

i just wish they'd make an aluminum hood. later.
                              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                              X