window guide pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window guide pin

Alright I got on Majestic's site and was looking for the holding pin that guides the window on the rail on the 2 door. Do I need to get all those part numbers or is one of those a combination of them all.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

what exactly is the problem you are running into that you need the pin for? is it actually missing or are you troubleshooting a certain issue?
    My Ride

Comment

My guess is he is doing the diy to fix the well known Coupe window rattle...
      Im gonna do the same thing when it gets warmer out.
      Good luck hope that fixes everything!

Comment

Actually, some one broke into my car by breaking my passenger window and the window I replaced it with didn't have one. So I need the whole thing. And my driver's side rattles like crap.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
          Actually, some one broke into my car by breaking my passenger window and the window I replaced it with didn't have one. So I need the whole thing.
          well by looking in my Helm manual, it looks like there are 4 pieces. the guide pin mounting bolt, the seal (outer),--(glass here)--, another seal (inner), and the guide pin. if the glass you have doesn't have a hole cut in it, you are going to have to get a hole in it somehow. that's the only way i can see that would solve your problem (without buying a new window all together.)

Originally posted by Jarrett
          And my driver's side rattles like crap.
          i just fixed both of my window rattles. i took apart both door panels, peeled back the plastic lining and found the window run channel trim (rubber) out of place completely, lying in the bottom of the door. i think it comes out after the adhesive on the back of the rubber piece wears off and it eventually falls out of place.

take off your door panels, windows up, carefully (very carefully) peel back the plastic on the end of the door (near the striker latch) and look into the panel at the run channel. if it's bare metal that's your problem. i'm pretty sure it probably fell out like mine did. there is also a black plastic clip that holds it in on the bottom. make sure to get that back on too.

after i did this to both doors, they shut just as quiet with the windows all the way down, as with the windows all the way up. it was the best two hours i ever spent working on my car so far. and when it was fixed, i was so

i'll post up some pics soon, not very descript, but my gf was taking pics when i was doing the work.

the bright spot (the trouble light) was where i found the rubber piece in the door. what im playing with is where the rubber piece goes up and meets the other run channel guide near the top of the door. in order to get the rubber up in there you will have to put pressure (a good amount) on the window, in towards the car. i would also reccomend using some clear silicone. i didn't have any around so i just used some super black gasket maker.

the rubber should just push in the rest of the way and then at the bottom the plastic clip holds everything in place. it can be a tight squeeze for people with normal sized hands, so you might get cut up a bit reaching in there and such.

i hope this helps, i feel like i just wrote a guide or something lol.

sorry if this is repeat info, i'm new here so i never checked to see if someone else wrote up something, which im sure has been done. but who cares, at least you dont have to go looking if you want to know. haha.

-scott
          Last edited by tweakit; 02-10-2006, 07:25 AM.
          My Ride

Comment

That helps a lot man. I'll go order those parts now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X