m3 style spoiler with l.e.d.'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m3 style spoiler with l.e.d.'s

I saw this just a little bit ago and thought it was pretty cool. I know they've had other similar ones on here but this one has LEDs in it. I might have to buy this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...QQcmdZViewItem
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

not sure why you'd want an m3 style spoiler with l.e.d.'s. it sticks on with 3m adhesive tape, but that it needs to be wired- so you'll have to do some drilling at some point. unless of course you decide not to wire it up, at which point you would have unecessarily purchased it.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i think it could look ok, it could be a nice touch if it was done right!!

it's too small for a body kit, but might be a nice touch on a stock body.

Comment

save some money and go OEM, please.

Comment

Uncle_el, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Who buys it and doesn't wire it up? And drilling a hole...you're kidding right? Probably should have a shop handle that.
          Sublime, is that a stock lip? It doesn't matter anyways, I'm done with spoilers. I used to have a factory flush mount before I sold it to timmyOtool.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
            Uncle_el, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Who buys it and doesn't wire it up? And drilling a hole...you're kidding right? Probably should have a shop handle that.
            Sublime, is that a stock lip? It doesn't matter anyways, I'm done with spoilers. I used to have a factory flush mount before I sold it to timmyOtool.
            you missed the point of my statement.

that spoiler is applied by adhesive tape. yet, a hole will need to be drilled in order to wire the l.e.d. a hole thus negates the fact that the spoiler was designed to refrain from drilling holes into the car in the 1st place.

if you decide to remove the flushmount, you have no remaining/residual holes to deal with. yet with this spoiler with l.e.d.'s, if you decide to remove it, you'll have a remaining/residual hole.

Comment

Why the hell on earth do you want a 4th brake light????
              "form follows function."
              Louis Sullivan

Comment

Uncle-el, I see your point now but isn't that the same as far as any other spoiler that anyone puts on(besides the non-LED M3 of course)?

Chan_Man, some people have trouble seeing others stop with 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Uncle-el, I see your point now but isn't that the same as far as any other spoiler that anyone puts on(besides the non-LED M3 of course)?
                  spoilers that require drilling and have an l.e.d make sense. the holes are already there, thus a wire can be dropped into one of them.

for a "stick on" spoiler, it defeats the purpose. especially considering that a true m3 trunk lip spoiler doesn't have one. neither does a true flushmount spoiler. why bastardize a knockoff spoiler even more by throwing in an l.e.d.? i suppose different strokes for different folks, but i think the l.e.d. ruins the look of this spoiler, not to mention that it defeats the purpose of it's installation not requiring power tools.

Comment

Again, point taken. I guess now that the two concepts don't make much sense. But even still I wouldn't mind drilling if this was something I wanted on my car. And I kind of like the idea that the factory M3 doesn't have an LED, that makes this more original. I mean, I'd really hate to see everyone's Z3 fenders have a BMW emblem in them, but that's how they were. Oh well, forget drilling holes for wires when we can make a bluetooth spoiler.

Comment

Working...
                    X