VIS carbon fibre hood split in half

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIS carbon fibre hood split in half

my friend that bought my car had a real surprise the other day...while driving down the road he was passed by a dump truck when this happened the wind ripped the top half of his hood off....is this a defect or what....he said that the hood was still latched when he got stopped but the top carbon fiber portion on the top was gone......like down the road gone......all that remained was the bottom fiberglass section...has anyone else had any experience with these hoods like this???? or was this just a fluke and rare case?

thats pretty rare cause VIS is a good company for CF

Comment

No never. I've never heard of that.

"Jdm Fiend"

Comment

was it an EBAY VIS hood? Cause I have heard that the VIS hoods being sold on ebay are actually defect models. I have hear of that happening once on a 1st gen DSM.
        "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
        sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
        Did work for: jhoff_cb7
        Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

no it was bought through nopi in 2003 and it wasnt cheap....i wish i could find out if they had some recalls on those hoods......

Comment

i have seen a vis hood get ripped off and heard of another just because a majority of there stuff is good doesnt mean they all are
            fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Its rare, but it does happen. This is why hood pins are recommended.

Comment

found out what happened to this hood... the sun dried the glue or epoxy out that was holding the top layer to the bottom layer of the hood...sux for the guy that bought it huh...wasnt a really good design if i may say so i think next ttime ill get the fiber glass hood.... or try the hood pins....that way a dump truck doesnt pass and take my hood off with it..

Comment

Working...
                X