Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear emblem access?

This is getting to me...

how do you get to the rear emblem in a 93 coupe? I want to replace the rear chrome emblem with a black and chrome one to match the front one. But I popped the trunk and looked where it appears it would be and there's like 2 little screw looking things and a TINY hole. Do you need to remove anything else to access it easier? Thanks!

info or pics and info would be awesome!
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

you pry it off...get some rubber tape or a cloth with a flat head under the bottom of the emblem...and protect it with that cloth...then pry...its kinda glued as well...
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
      can never tell i had an emblem!
      What did you do with holes, just leave or fill them?
      Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

You gonna put some pics up?
        Jay
        Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

ok...

so it's not screw in or anything? I'm just getting a new emblem to replace it anyway. when I do it I'll get a how-to if you wish.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Well I took a hammer and some other stuff to the back of the emblem...it didn't budge.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

try heating it...that adhesive is pretty good..a regular blow dryer will work i own a heat gun so i just warped mine with it because it was gonna be thrown away anyway.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

so there's glue AND the nubs on the back? heat the glue then hit it out?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

yeah that should work just make sure you heat it pretty well took me about a minute with my heat gun and thats at 750' F on the low setting it should be heated up enough so you can just pull on one edge of the emblem and slowly pull it off with the heat still on it.

Comment

I had to do that with my Accord and EX emblems too but I thought the H was just punched in. lol So warm the glue then tap it from the other side...correct?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

i just pulled a corner of mine from the outside..with the aid of a flat screwdriver and a piece of cloth behind the screwdriver inbetween the emblem and the paint. and when it was heated enough to pry up i just put my mechanix gloves on and kept the heat on and pulled slowly..the emblem was headed for the garbage can so the heat warped the chrome plastic but wasnt to worried about it. and then just used adhesive remover to get the rest of the glue off.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCB7
                        This is getting to me...

how do you get to the rear emblem in a 93 coupe? I want to replace the rear chrome emblem with a black and chrome one to match the front one. But I popped the trunk and looked where it appears it would be and there's like 2 little screw looking things and a TINY hole. Do you need to remove anything else to access it easier? Thanks!

info or pics and info would be awesome!
                        where did you get a black/chrome emblem?

Comment

just take a credit card to it
                          www.2camcrew.com

Comment

take fishing line and slide it in behind the emblem using a sawing action, when you get to about the middle of the emblem. pull tward you and it will come right off. then use adheasive remover , like akrasol, to remove the adheasive. do this and you are in there. no chips, nicks or scratches to your paint. simple!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
                            cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

Use this:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=emblem

Comment

Working...
                              X