Proper spoiler installation questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper spoiler installation questions

I installed my vigor spoiler a while ago and spliced the wires from my third light brake lamp to get the power to it.

After this was done, i got that horrible "brake lamp" light on my dash.

Also, the spoiler messed up my beloved power antenna.

My question is what type of harnesses do i need to fix these two issues? I believe ive heard of a spoiler harness but i need to know if theres one that makes the antenna retract when i open the trunk

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
    Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

yes. look for an accord at the junkyard that had a spoiler on it. then look by the antenna and unplug the harness with relay.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by kaf_baa_seba'a
      I believe ive heard of a spoiler harness but i need to know if theres one that makes the antenna retract when i open the trunk
      u answered your own question. u will need to install the spoiler harness.
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

OR if you didnt want to all you need to do is splice the original bulb connector with a good bulb into the wiring so the sensor reads the correct resistance...or go further and place a resistor with that resistance in line on the positive side.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
        Traded with: Cb7xChun
        Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
        Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
        My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
          u answered your own question. u will need to install the spoiler harness.
          But will that spoiler harness also make my power antenna retract????

Comment

Originally posted by kaf_baa_seba'a View Post
            There are 2 harnesses for the spoiler

one piggy backs off the taillight to power the spoiler light

The second piggy backs off of the dome light. When the light comes on it closes a relay thus lowering the power antenna

Comment

thanks austin. ill just look for them at the jy

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                OR if you didnt want to all you need to do is splice the original bulb connector with a good bulb into the wiring so the sensor reads the correct resistance...or go further and place a resistor with that resistance in line on the positive side.
                or...

he could save money and time by switching to geico
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by Pali_Mo View Post
                  yes it will. thats what it was designed for. to light up the led lights tapping the outter tailights. and also retract the antenna when u pop your bootlid.
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                    yes it will. thats what it was designed for. to light up the led lights tapping the outter tailights. and also retract the antenna when u pop your bootlid.
                    Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    There are 2 harnesses for the spoiler

one piggy backs off the taillight to power the spoiler light

The second piggy backs off of the dome light. When the light comes on it closes a relay thus lowering the power antenna
                    Two different answers here.

And where exactly do i plug the end of the harness that isnt connected to the spoiler itself?

Comment

One plugs into the dome light and goes to the antenna

The other plugs into the right ( i think it works on the left too ) taillight and runs up to the spoiler.

There is male connector A that plugs into female connector A

Male connector A is the cars harness and female connector A is the tail lights

Spoiler harness female connector B plugs into male connector A and then it has on the other side male connector B to plug into female connector A

In that little extention of wires are 2 wires that run to power the spoiler light.

Comment

If you can't get the harness, here's an old DIY on manually controlling the power antenna.

Antenna Control DIY

It's funny that you're getting the brake light warning. When I put my OEM style spoiler on, I went right to the 3rd brake light without any issues.

Comment

Working...
                        X