Rear Diffuser on CB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Diffuser on CB

Has anyone hear of one made for a CB? Probably not, but I would die to have one. Imagine the look of a carbon fiber rear diffuser on the rear of a clean CB.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Old school buddyclub rear bumper.
    wat?

Comment

there was someone on this forum building one. but he didn't finish. or really get started the only one that i've seen that "looked" like a working defuser was the older buddyclub bumper covers.
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

you can have one custom made to your cb by SOME CF making companies, but it will definitely cost you some money..

Comment

make your own, goto home depot and make one out metal sheets like this guy

not as pretty, but it's a "Start"

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
            make your own, goto home depot and make one out metal sheets like this guy

not as pretty, but it's a "Start"

Interesting. I wonder if someone has done the math to figure out how strong the materials have to be for that thing to be effective. Cool Idea though.

Comment

i found this two link searching on google (DIY rear diffuser)

civic i give a 6 out of 10
              http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=...66f15f1cf289a7

subaru i give 10 out of 10
              http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1352880

^just in case you wanna make your own!^

Comment

When I get another cb Thats one of the things I wanted to do.... One off diffusser. Just like the one from nasioc.... Seen that one almost a year ago when I was helping my friend with his 04' Subie.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by Chicano2005 View Post
                  i found this two link searching on google (DIY rear diffuser)

civic i give a 6 out of 10
                  http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=...66f15f1cf289a7

subaru i give 10 out of 10
                  http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1352880

^just in case you wanna make your own!^
                  Ya, the civic I can't see that working especially if its sheet metal you can cut with scissors. But the fiberglass one looked really professional.

Comment

Ok, so after reading this I really want to do a rear diffuser that actually serves some purpose. I've done some research and found that leaving the exhaust open like the one on NASIOC will create turbulence and, therefore, not be (as) effective. From what I can gather the exhaust would have to be above the diffuser, like this:

From what little I've looked at under the rear of our cars something like this would be possible:

But then It'd have to run an awkward exhaust.

Also after some more reading, in order for the diffuser to work properly the car has to be rather low to the ground. I'm not sure on the specifics as to why, though. I guess it has something to do with the dispersion of the air pressure , but that is merely my uneducated guess.

Of course it will just look cool to do this as well, but I'd rather not add senseless things like that to my car. As I'm sure this will take many hours to fit properly.

Anyways, input, advice, criticism is welcomed
                    _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

found this i believe it was taken from a bodykit and molded to the stock bumper looks good tho imo.

Comment

found this i believe it was taken from a bodykit and molded to the stock bumper ride looks clean too

Comment

Yeah, what I'm talking about is more than just looks though. I'm not expecting 700 pounds of down force or anything from it, but I would like for it to be functional to some extent.
                          _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

Adding anything like this is only adding weight...you have no idea what its making the air actually do. You need CFD...
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

computational fluid dynamic?
                              "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Working...
                              X