Pinstripe Sunburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinstripe Sunburn

As it states I am contemplating removing my pinstripe. I am concerned there may be a "sunburn effect" if I remove it since I'm on OEM paint. Will there be a line, and if so, can I get rid of it.

if there is a line it will eventually fade with the rest of the car, it wont take to long to do but it will look fine

Comment

i have one on mine, not even noticable unless you are up on it

Comment

cool i was tinkn bout doing the same but was in fear of the sunburn do u jus take a razor to the pinstrip to remove it or is there and easier less back aching way of doing it?
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
          cool i was tinkn bout doing the same but was in fear of the sunburn do u jus take a razor to the pinstrip to remove it or is there and easier less back aching way of doing it?
          depends on if yours is a sticker or if it is painted on

take a hairdryer or something that emits heat to and try to peel it off with your fingernail. i wouldnt risk a razor

Comment

ya mine is def a sticker they r already starting to come off now lol ok so i jus take a hiar dryer and that should do the job thanx
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

i took my pinstripe off with a hairdryer and razor, worked just fine for me.

Comment

there will be the line cause the paint fades over time and the one under it stays, u can get a buffer and a polishing comipound to level it and make it even.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

accordztech where have you been? I might be heading out to caliii

Comment

dont worry about it,

i took the pin stripe off of mine, no sunburn or unattractive paint line. all though it left some glue residue. a good washing and it came right off

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                    X