Lots of Rust... Car Worth keeping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of Rust... Car Worth keeping?

I couldn't really find a place where this would better fit in at...so if it needs moved I'm sorry.

Anyway I got my accord almost a year ago now knowing it had a few rust spots but not too long ago my mom blew a tire out on the interstate and it totally made it worse. Now my rear bumper is hanging down and stuff and the rust seems to have gotten worse. Not to mention I'm also having alternator problems and the rest of the car has a few blemishes as well. Only has 118k miles however (pretty low for a honda).

Here's some pics:

As it normally looks

Pulled down you you can better see the rust inside

Close up of inside

Damage in the fender

So what do you guys think, should I keep it and try to repair the body damage with my brother or should I cut my losses now and sell it to buy a Civic or Integra or something?

Its completely up to you. It's not a cheap fix. Be aware of that. It all comes down to how attached you are to the car IMO.

Comment

there are some people on here trying to sell some rear quarter panels...if you fix it you have alot more miles in her to make it worth it but ^^^is right, it all depends on how attached you are to your car

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Honestly I'm not very attached to it, but car hunting isn't exactly what I'd call fun.

Comment

Buy an angle grinder ($35) and goto town, then fiberglass that shit back together... I personally would weld in sheet metal but it's easily fixable - will give u some good body work experience.

I know you've been talking to me on aim about this but I want to see if fellow cb7ers agree.
          Last edited by quadnie; 01-19-2005, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Dang, your car rivals mine in terms of rust, but mine has 274,XXX miles on it. Anyways, I wouldn't waste your time trying to repair it. I don't know how much you'll get for the car. What I would do is keep the car as a Fall/Winter car and buy another in better shape used car that you can have as your project car. I know you've wanted a project car, etc to work on. If you're tight for money, you can always keep one of these cars on insurance, while the other is stored away. I'd run minimal on this Accord and full on your nicer future car (when you're driving it).
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

If you saw my rust...and the fact I'm still fixing it...your jaws woudl drop. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Mine had some rust.. and look at it now.. I don't think I'd get rid of it if I had to!

unless i do get my IS300 this year.
                Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

if you love your car, you fix it. if you don't, you don't.

accordtunerx's car:

accordtunerx's rust removal diy:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=rust

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I would just be careful with the DIY rust fix because if it's that bad, it'll just get worse if you are bondo'ing over it.

The first guy that did my car bondo'd it and when we cut my rear bumper off.. we were in shock for 20 minutes. Its all welded now, but bondo actually makes it worse because it seals moisture in there and traps water.

It is a good DIY though, mad props to ATX.. he definitely put some time into it!
                    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

I'm probably going to get rid of it, I don't really have much love for it...it's never treated me wrong but there's just a lot of damage on the body. The other fender has a good head start on rusting out, there's a huge dent in the front left fender and a bunch of other misc. stuff going on with it.

Don't get me wrong I still like CB7's...just not mine, lol.

I appreciate the input, however.

Comment

just do EXACTLY like I am doing. Cut the quarters aorund where the rust is and down to the bottom of the rust spot. and get some rust free quarters to weld in. My quarters are going to cost me 20 bux for both. I am an experienced tig welder so I am going to weld them myself.
                        "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                        sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                        Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                        Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

haaaaaaaaaa..... that's nothing.... www.abpol.com has rear quarter panels if it's too nasty but fiberglass works too

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

keep it! mine was that band once i started!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X