Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

side molding- how to resecure once taken off? where to find clips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

side molding- how to resecure once taken off? where to find clips?

i recently took off my side moldings and painted them, they look great the only problem is that my clips mostly all broke when i took them off i went to honda to buy new clips and hey told me they dont work even if i bought new ones what should i do

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

even if you have all of the clips thats not all you have to do..... i was about to do the same thing and a friend told me that i would have to purchase some sort of adhesive also to make them stay but im not sure which kind..... ask around.....-justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
    tranny (no grinds)
    ECU
    DC header w/ heat wrap
    full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
    $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

That's BS. New clips will do you fine. Just make sure to use some doublesided adhesive tape (maybe 3M) on the mouldings. It'll give it a more secure fit and keep it from rattling around. Trust bro, worked at a bodyshop for close to two years.
      O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

2 sided tape will also do you good, it's strong as hell and they won't fall off.
        Adam - Retired OG member from '03
        2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
        2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
        2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

my bad, thats what my friend said thats owns his own body shop......-justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
          tranny (no grinds)
          ECU
          DC header w/ heat wrap
          full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
          $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

thanks peeps! now next question, the fat ass behind the counter at my local honda dealership told me they couldnt get the clips from their supplier anyway so where else can i get them. and mind you that it like a hundred million below zero and im not going to go to the junk yard to find clips.

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
            X