how you fix this?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how you fix this?????

i know you can weld the quarter panels but how do you fix the inner panel (inner wheel arch)

are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Originally posted by alb_accord
    i know you can weld the quarter panels but how do you fix the inner panel (inner wheel arch)

Thats what I need to know, the wheel well
    wat?

Comment

i thought maybe welding a piece of patch panel that i got left but the wheel well metal for some reason is way to thin that the quarter panels.

Comment

if it were me, i'd probably buy a small air compressor and a sandblaster. then i'd blast the rust off. after that, spray the bare metal with self-etching primer, then sealer, then spray on bed liner.

that should stop it til you can save up to have a new piece welded in. later,
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

The body guy that did my panels built one out of a random left over Maxima one he had lying around his shop. They're something like 800/each from Honda.

Comment

You can get a fabricator to patch that up. He would cut up the remaining rust off and weld it. At least thats what I would do. You can also do type G method if you are low on cash which is not a bad idea. The earlier you get rid of the rust the better it is.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

the metal is thin...but it's not that thin...it is weldable...good recommendations in here, nothing to add other then that.
              ____

Comment

well you can use a piece of sheet metal in there. you can arch the new shit metal so it can cover the the missing part of the wheel well. the problem is welding it.
                the inner metal is very thin. i believe i might be about .6mm or less. its thinner than the quarter panels....
                .6mm means you can't use a Mig welder even at the lowest settings with the thinnest wire you can get(.6)

i was thinking of using something like automotive mega glue for body panels. whatever empty little holes or chanels left probably use some seam sealer....

ps.
                yes i know you have to cut off the rust etc etc etc....
                Last edited by alb_accord; 02-09-2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X