No announcement yet.

$50 paintjob underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok. yeah. um...this is but PM me a list of parts you have laying around. i may want to buy some of them from you . what motor do you have sitting on your front porch?

Comment

They're all EVENTUALLY going on the car... aside from the CF trunklid, which doesn't fit properly... that's about 80% sold to a friend anyway (he owes me a little more, and it's his)

The Prelude parts aren't really good for anything, except maybe the axles, to make hybrid axles. Everything else will find it's way onto one of my cars in time!

The motor is an A20A. A rebuilt, turbo ready (lower compression, but not forged), motor to replace the ninja-house that is currently in the car (ninjas live in there... you can't see them, but you can see their smokescreen as they escape from the tailpipe!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        They're all EVENTUALLY going on the car... aside from the CF trunklid, which doesn't fit properly... that's about 80% sold to a friend anyway (he owes me a little more, and it's his)

The Prelude parts aren't really good for anything, except maybe the axles, to make hybrid axles. Everything else will find it's way onto one of my cars in time!

The motor is an A20A. A rebuilt, turbo ready (lower compression, but not forged), motor to replace the ninja-house that is currently in the car (ninjas live in there... you can't see them, but you can see their smokescreen as they escape from the tailpipe!)

LMAO. ninja house in the car. lol. almost like the 72nd anuual ninja parade. lmao

Comment

I got some of those ninjas i think, just that they all are white, chris farly ninjas
          wat?

Comment

wow you just rolled it on? I thought you'd have to use spray. Can't wait to see how it turns out...I might end up re-painting my car if this turns out good.

I was thinking about spray cans...but they glob...then I was thinking about buying a sprayer...but I think a good one that will work ok runs like 500? Not sure...didn't look into it too seriously...after hitting a deer, a dog, and someone backing into me I gave up on fixing the exterior...

might give it another thought though ;D
            ____

Comment

be prepared for a lot of buffing ;p

Comment

do you know how to buff?
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

I have a friend with a buffer... I'll probably ask him for help when the final coat is done I've read that it's nearly impossible to make it shine by hand.

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but why are you using a roller to paint? I would think it to be cheaper to rent a electric paint gun or if you have a air compressor just buy a decent gun.Ive never painted body panels on a car but Ive painted plenty of heavy equipment and its not too difficult.None the less it looks better than rattle canning, either way its going to be uneven with roller or rattlecan.Only con I could see with using a roller is not being able to control the amount of paint you put on, where as spraying you can spray until it just starts to get shiny and move that way your going to get a better gloss.Sorry if you already knew all of this, your still the man Deev! good luck

josh

Comment

People have had surprising results with a roller. I don't have a place to spray, so that's not really an option for me.

This one was done with a roller. This guy is the guy that pretty much started the "roll on" craze.

This one was done using that first one as a reference. This guy gave some more detailed instructions. It's his instructions that I'm following.

Comment

That's the second coat. Still wet, but MUCH better coverage. The hood is starting to look the proper color now! When this dries, sanding session #1 begins!

I'm not sure what those spots are. They're only in the picture. No spots on the hood (like that, anyway... still some air bubble spots that I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate in future coats)

When I do this for real, I'll probably shave my head. I keep getting hair on the damn thing!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          When I do this for real, I'll probably shave my head. I keep getting hair on the damn thing!
                          !

but really man, BIG props for the good job/patience keep it up, ima keep an eye on this

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                          My Ride thread
                          Flickr
                          Originally posted by d112crzy
                          And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                          All I gotta really say is:
                          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Well, here's the second coat. Dry, with a very slight tackiness to it (not sandable yet, but dry). It's shinier than I expected!

Here's a closeup. You can see the bubbles, dust, and maybe a stray doghair or two on there. We'll see how that all sands out, if it does.

Comment

dude you have orbs!
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

I love it man... U gave me something to think about.....Plans are in the works now... Lucky me, I still have my old hood..

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

Working...
                                X