hiding them wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiding them wires

as you know i have done a couple of things, amp, bumper light conversion with relays, DRL, alarm and a IAB control thing.

all these wires in my engine are starting to clutter. there is loom on them but even the loom just doesnt look nice any more.

im concidering putting most of these wires in my fender walls and leaving the wire harnesses and wires that came with the car factory in its place....

has anyone done this?

im thinking of going t hrough the fender, and drilling a hole into the engine with a rubber gormet and go through that on the fuse box side.

the other side (drivers) im wanting to put the 2 wires in the fender too but i dont want to see the wires go across the whole engine to the fuse box, so i wonder if i can put it inside the window wiper area...

any ideas, tips etc?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

It sounds like a good idea, and would be alot tidier. One suggestion (I don't know how you have it wired now) would be to go get some connector plugs, so that where the wires come out of the fender you have a plug - gives a more standard appearance, then use loom tubing for the wires in the engine bay to the components.
    One problem with putting the wires where the windscreen wipers is that is is prone 2 water.
    Also why do you have to run the wires to the fuse box? Are you using the original box for your accesories?
    In specific reguards to your amp - i recommend mounting it on a peice of custom wood (carpeted) and drilling holes in the custom wood about 2cm from the amp where the wires need to go (so you will have several holes in it depending on how many channels, RCA's etc). And then use loom cable over the wires to go from the amp to the custom wood (bout 5cm each wire) you see what I mean?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

im kinda seeing where ur going but still a bit lost.

using wire connectors are u talking about likE oem styly types, cause if you are then thats very creative...

as for my amp i have my amp mounted in my trunk up on top hidden from view but im just wanting to make my amp wire look a bit cleaner.

i use my fuse box for the following:

drl unit (2 wires)
      relays (2 wires)
      alarm (1 wire)

then the amp is one dedicated wire to the battery
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ztech, if i were you,, id drill a hole in the header and hide the wires there.. then u can even hide some by wrapping them around the engine.. u could even.. tie a ribbon around them and just tape it to the radiatior.

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
          ztech, if i were you,, id drill a hole in the header and hide the wires there.. then u can even hide some by wrapping them around the engine.. u could even.. tie a ribbon around them and just tape it to the radiatior.
          u STFU noob only a noobie would do that...and ur a moderator?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yea ztech, ive been a moderator longer than you. cus im just so cool. .. neways those are good ideas just ask steve. he thinks thats good idea too... i mean, the ribbon on the radiator is hot.. its very JDM bro.. serious id do it if i were you..

Comment

HAHAHA NO I got u into the moderator...please keep on subject...HAHAAH u just got pwned!!!

wanna get served next?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

u got me moderator? Nopez0r.. i got myself moderator before jooz0r.. ur just mad because i ownz u.. xplode 1=Ztech 0
                Last edited by xplode; 07-19-2004, 01:23 AM.

Comment

accordztech 2..u 1!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Ztech-2 xplode+3

Comment

Neways guys...... Back to the subject.....

Yea the Amp wire is the hardest one to do, personally I dont run mine form the batt terminal.
                      I go from the main power feed into the fuse box, that way there is no excessive length of wire from the batt to the firewall.
                      You can then run it from the fuse box, straight back to the firewall with loom cable, to give a stock appearance.

Yes i meant the OEM style connectors - Makes it look like they are SUPPOSED to be there.

Remember easiest way to make wires look neat is to hide them, So like if you have foglights, the wires should be run from the relay, through the front fender, and around to the bumper - try to run the wires along solid points of the body (eg body frame) and always use cable ties so they aren't loose, and ALWAYS fit connectors in case you ever want to remove the bumper.....

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X