Cleaning Curbed OE 92 EX Rim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning Curbed OE 92 EX Rim

Is there any way to sand it to its original sheen? I have one rim, that is curbed, twice-previous owner, once-me. I'd like to have it looking good until I could afford to replace the wheels (next summer). Is there any DIY on this?

TIA
    Sorry if this was posted before.
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

what do you mena?

is there stuff on it and u just want the OEM look or actually get the curb marks out?

if u want to clean the rim u can do this

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=polish

u can also use rubbing compound from 3M black bottle, FINE CUT....nothing else it has to be fine cut.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Once again 3M to the rescue! That stuff is way better than anything you're gonna see in an infomercial. All it takes is a lil elbow grease and its good to go.
      O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

wtf. i don't know what u guys are talking about.
        but i got the rims on my car. 3 of them are scrached bad.<<<< when my bro drove the car. is there any way i can take of the scraches off my rims. like sanding them or anything.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

well u can sand it down but u have to repaint it....and its hard to get a chrome color, i knwo there is a high temp paint but iono how good it looks...

just sand a bit and paint and u wont notice it too much, u really need fillter to fill it in....unless its really light..

use a 400 grit or lower.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Good link for fixing curb rash.. Check out how bad it actually was on this car.

Link

Another...

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
            Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
            Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
            Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

Working...
            X