JDM side mouldings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM side mouldings

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here has taken off there side mouldings and replaced them with thin side mouldings? I got mine used and all the clips are broken. I thought I would re-use the clips from the old mouldings, but they are totally different and will not work. No problem, I'll just use 3M double sided tape. I read somewhere that someone who tried this (without clips), had their's fall off! That would suck. Did you remove the old tape? How did you do this? I have some solvent and about 2.5 hours and a blister later I have half of one door done! At this snails pace, I will be here forever. Any tips?

BTW, anyone know where to get the clips for thin sides?

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

my left rear chrome moulding had broken clips too

i just super glued the whole piece to the door..

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

Do you know if you can buy replacement clips for thin moldings?

Comment

have you tried taking one of the JDM clips to a dealer and ask if they can match it up. most dealers stock a variety of moulding clips.... they may not be really enthusiastic about it, but if you ask nice enough they should help ya out.
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

mine were a tremendous pain in the ass.... go to a body shop and explain to the what ur doing they usually have an assortment of clips just laying around for various jobs including side moldings which they should be willing to sell

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Well, i found an exporter out of Japan that also supplies JDM/OEM parts.
            Looks like they will be here soon. All of the clips shipped for 4,458 Japanese Yen = 38.59546 Canadian Dollars! I will be happy when I see them.

Comment

What kind of tape are you using? I have the same issue, but my replacement moldings came with the clips too. I am hoping that the tape will keep it in place, but also divert water to the edges.

3M the brand? Double sided tape? please let me know how you do/did it.

Thanks!

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bacal36
                What kind of tape are you using?
                3M the brand? Double sided tape?
                Thanks!
                Yes, thats it. Two 1/2" strips, one along the top and one along the bottom.
                Chances are when you take them off, you will know where to put the tape because the old tape will still be there.

Comment

Originally posted by hondaracer33
                  Yes, thats it. Two 1/2" strips, one along the top and one along the bottom.
                  Chances are when you take them off, you will know where to put the tape because the old tape will still be there.
                  share your finds! i'm looking for clips too. not successful yet.
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi
                    share your finds! i'm looking for clips too. not successful yet.
                    hey tommi, unfortunately, the Honda distributor here doesnt have the clips in storage anymore.. , since they clips were held by the former distributor..

i was also looking at a set myself..

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                    Honda Accord Euro-R
                    Honda Odyssey Absolute
                    Honda City I-DSi
                    Honda Stream

Comment

Working...
                    X