i have both wiring diagrams

they both have things that say

1991 ------------------ 1999
    c1 grn-red -------- c1 lt grn-red
    c2 blk-white ------- c2 ylw- grn
    c3 ---------------- c3 red-blu
    c4 wht-green ------- c4 wht
    c5 Red ------------ c5 Brn

my question is do i just hook up the c5's red to brown, or is this not right??

Ive never been so lost?!??
    Last edited by Turbo Dave; 05-11-2007, 10:23 PM.
    ]

typically plug numbers and color have nothing to do with their corresponding connection. you have to find out each one's function. I did the prelude swap, so I'm not quite sure what the function of c5 on the 99 accord is, but I know for our cb's the c5 pin is for the coolant temp gauge. You're going to have to find the corresponding coolant temp gauge wire for the 99. And you're going to have to keep on deciphering the functions of each pin the same way and match them up....

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by fliplyricist1
      typically plug numbers and color have nothing to do with their corresponding connection. you have to find out each one's function. I did the prelude swap, so I'm not quite sure what the function of c5 on the 99 accord is, but I know for our cb's the c5 pin is for the coolant temp gauge. You're going to have to find the corresponding coolant temp gauge wire for the 99. And you're going to have to keep on deciphering the functions of each pin the same way and match them up....

wow thats a mother fucking pain in the ass.

seriously has anyone done this alreayd that has it like written out shit i mean i could sell it for money lol.
      ]

Comment

Nope because its a bitch. Just find out for yourself. Technically not hard if you ahve good wiring diagrams and patience.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
          wow thats a mother fucking pain in the ass.

seriously has anyone done this alreayd that has it like written out shit i mean i could sell it for money lol.

yes of course, I'm one of the people...but there's a few of us cluster swap people on this site

but that's just the thing, unless you pay for it or have genuinely gave it a full 100 percent effort, your odds of getting just 'free info' is going to be slim to none...especially considering most of us had to go through the same trials to finally get everything right

my advice is...just examine the diagrams...it's really not that difficult if you look at them and think logically. then make exel charts...with corresponding pin numbers/color...as well as function. Makes it a whole lot easier, because in the end you're also going to have to be careful to make proper length wires and have them layed out so they don't get bunched up or tangled.

My members ride thread

Comment

yes of course, I'm one of the people...but there's a few of us cluster swap people on this site

but that's just the thing, unless you pay for it or have genuinely gave it a full 100 percent effort, your odds of getting just 'free info' is going to be slim to none...especially considering most of us had to go through the same trials to finally get everything right

my advice is...just examine the diagrams...it's really not that difficult if you look at them and think logically. then make exel charts...with corresponding pin numbers/color...as well as function. Makes it a whole lot easier, because in the end you're also going to have to be careful to make proper length wires and have them layed out so they don't get bunched up or tangled.
            ur not going to give me that excel sheet are u lol
            ]

Comment

well here goes an all nighter. this cluster swap better get me laid, or at least some head.
              ]

Comment

no im not going to send you the sheet straight up lol

but if you've shown that you've give it a full legitimate shot, and have plugged in the cluster and have some pins that still don't work, i'd be willing to assist

My members ride thread

Comment

no im not going to send you the sheet straight up lol

but if you've shown that you've give it a full legitimate shot, and have plugged in the cluster and have some pins that still don't work, i'd be willing to assist
                  x2 no hand-outs for this mod. at least from most of us who have done it. keep trying, you will most likely answer your own questions soon, if you study both diagrams for the two cars.

good luck. have fun!
                  F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                  Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

alright im getting it, its just time consuming, nothing to hard if you passed high school math lol.

anyways what i did was first right down in order the numbers and theyre corresponding colors.

then i wrote down randomly the numbers and theyre connection

then i made a list of the numbers in order and wrote down their color and connection

theirs a couple im still confused on but im only 4/5ths done with the 99 cluster, i still have to do the 91 cluster.

can you say

TIME CONSUMING?
                    ]

Comment

well why didnt u ask me? am the only one who doing this swap and complete

it has eyes!!!

Comment

]

Comment

may i ask why ud wanna do this? higher mph?

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07
                            may i ask why ud wanna do this? higher mph?

lol, i dunno. i did the prelude swap to match engine**although i need to change the cluster out again!**, but not sure with the 99 accord. diff look i suppose. more, UP-TO-DATE.....
                            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Yo ricer mang you better write a fucking diy on this fool ....so the kiddies that come along dont have to sufferr.....pave the way mang.

Comment

Working...
                              X