90-91 Or 92-93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-91 Or 92-93

I'm looking to get some OEM fogs but i was wondering how do you foglight owners rate them. I've had the 90-91 OEM fogs but i was wondering wich ones are better. And is the out line for the 92-93 fogs inside of the bumper like the 90-91 ?.

90-91 bumper is different than 92-93...i have the jdm 92-93 fogs (which i like better) but i have to get a 92-93 bumper (my car is a 91) in order to fit my fogs properly...other then that, 90-91 fogs are way different then 92-93 fogs.
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer
      90-91 bumper is different than 92-93...i have the jdm 92-93 fogs (which i like better) but i have to get a 92-93 bumper (my car is a 91) in order to fit my fogs properly...other then that, 90-91 fogs are way different then 92-93 fogs.
      i know they are different the question is which ones are better and is the cut out for the 92-93 bumper visable like how the 90-91 cut outs are

Comment

which one's are better I do not know, but the cutouts for the 92-93 fogs are on the back of the bumper on the inside,

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=fog

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

I had the 90-91 jdm fogs and now have the 92-93 pcp jdm replica fog and like it better than the actual jdm 9293 it comes already with h3 bulbs not h3c witch are hard to find and you would have to convert to h3 if you want different color bulbs or something like that. And the cutouts are in the back of the 92-93 bumper, kinda hard to see but they're all there including EDM fog cutouts and intersection lights.
          1993 Accord EX
          2011 Subaru STi

Comment

All OEM 92-93 bumpers will have a grazed line pattern in the back of the bumper cover right under each bumper lamp shelf. From what some members found out, these lines were not copied (not sure if all brands) aftermarket replacement bumper covers.

For 1990-91 Honda made it really simple to add foglights. The plastic portion under each bumper turn signal just needs to be cut out. It's really obvious which area it is because it's shape is exactly like the foglight you will be putting in. There is a thin area around those plastic portions that you can use a dremel or whatever to cut it out.

In my opinion the 1990-91 fogs would look so much sexier on a 92-93 bumper.... To me the 92-93 Bumper sorta looks like the octane skyline bodykit if you have the fog cutouts and no signals....

between the year changes you can't simply bolt on different year fogs onto your bumper. For a 1992-93 there is a very rare moulding that acts like a mask for the 92-93 fogs that make it appear to look like 90-91s.

As far as which ones function better, I would have to say the 92-93s can be adjusted better as far as light positioning. As far as output goes, both are about equal and H3Cs plain and simple just suck.

For an improvement you can put in high output H3 bulbs or do HID conversion in them.

If you manage to get some EDM 90-91 fogs, those will surpass USDM & JDM fogs by far. They have ellipsoid projectors that are basically HID ready and made by same company BMW headlights and fogs come from.

I haven't tested EDM 92-93 Fogs but you can ask Flyinlow about those. I imagine those will still be better than our regular usdm/jdm setups because those fogs seem to be almost like Hondas "prototype" Stanley CD chassis fogs for the next generation 94-95 accord but with CB7 compatible brackets.
            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Thanx a lot yall . And i was gonna ask if the cut out for intersection lights is there also but it was answered so thanx again

Comment

Remember it's there on OEM bumpers. Not all aftermarket bumpers have the cut outs. I have a 92/93 bumper that only has the fog cutout pattern on the back.

Member's Ride

Comment

Working...
                X