tinting and the rear deck lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tinting and the rear deck lid

i was wondering when tint shops install tint, do they remove the rear deck lid for easier installation? the rear deck lid is the carpeted portion where the 3rd brake light and rear speakers sit. i would think they do b/c they need to get the tint on the glass portion where the 3rd brake light covers. please clarify thanks!
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

No they do not. The tools that they have, makes it so they dont have to remove anything. And shops will cut around the 3rd brake light, unless you ask them not to...

Comment

They cut around it. I would not want my third light tinted for safety reasons.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
        No they do not. The tools that they have, makes it so they dont have to remove anything. And shops will cut around the 3rd brake light, unless you ask them not to...

x2

tint film would just slide in..

Comment

they removed mine, but then my whole window is tinted.

later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
            they removed mine, but then my whole window is tinted.

later.
            Yo what percent tint you got?

Just curious... im 5% btw

Comment

thanks for the repsonses fellas. i would want my whole window tinted too. i'm not getting too dark of a tint anyway so i don't care about the 3rd brake light. i want the lightest possible tint just to protect the interior and keep cool in the summer. 5% is too dark for me.
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

They removed mine also. It's real easy to take it off and put back on.

Comment

my rear deck was removed too
                  R.I.P. ARCADIA GREEN CREW #8 1993 - 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
                    Yo what percent tint you got?

Just curious... im 5% btw
                    TypeG's members ride thread says 5%...

What percent does everyone have? This is one thing I have wanted to do for a long time but havent done. I want to still be legal but want it to be noticable. Just curious. Later

Comment

when i first got mine tinted i had 35% on the front doors and 5% on the back doors/rear windshield... but i decided to change the front doors to 5%
                      R.I.P. ARCADIA GREEN CREW #8 1993 - 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Accord93LX
                        when i first got mine tinted i had 35% on the front doors and 5% on the back doors/rear windshield... but i decided to change the front doors to 5%
                        Thats the same way i got to 5 all around...

Comment

Is 5% legal? Just curious.. Later

Comment

Did a little looking on my City's website about window tinting. Here is what I found...

10.40.040 One-way glass and sun screening devices in vehicles. A. No motor vehicle required to be registered in this state and which is operated upon the public streets of this City shall be equipped with one-way glass or any adhesive film or other glaze or application on or in the front windshields, side wings or side windows on either side forward of or adjacent to the operator’s seat, or rear window, which prohibits or substantially impairs the ability to see into such motor vehicle from the outside, but does not prohibit the ability to see out from the inside of such motor vehicle; provided, nothing in this section shall be deemed to prohibit rear window glass which is tinted or smoked.
                            B. No motor vehicle required to be registered in this state and which is operated upon the public streets of this City shall be equipped with any sun screening device and used in conjunction with safety glazing materials that do not meet the following requirements:
                            1. A sun screening device when used in conjunction with the windshield shall be non-reflective and not be red, yellow or amber in color. A sun screening device shall be used only along the top of the windshield and shall not extend downward beyond the AS1 line which is clearly defined and marked, or in the event there is not a clearly defined and marked AS1 line, such device shall not extend downward to a point beyond six inches (6”) from the top of the windshield;
                            2. A sun screening device when used in conjunction with the safety glazing materials of the side wings or side windows located at the immediate right and left of the driver, the side windows behind the driver, or the rear most window, shall be non-reflective; and
                            3. The total light transmission shall not be less than thirty-five percent (35%) when a sun-screening device is used in conjunction with safety glazing materials or other existing sun screening devices.
                            C. For purposes of this section, sun-screening device shall mean a film material or device designed to be used in conjunction with motor vehicle safety glazing materials for reducing the effects of the sun.
                            D. This section shall not prohibit labels, stickers or other informational signs that are required or permitted by law.
                            E. No motor vehicle required to be registered in this state which is operated upon the public Streets of this City shall be equipped with head lamps which are covered with any sun screen device, adhesive film or other glaze or application which, when such lamps are not in operation, is highly reflective or otherwise non-transparent.(Ord. 2703, 2003 ;Ord 2698, 2003 ,Ord. 2466, 1999, Ord. 1342 §§1,2, 1978)

Comment

only the rear speakers were taken out when mine was done and they did cut around the 3rd brake light.
                              -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                              -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                              -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                              -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X