power seatbelts not workin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power seatbelts not workin

I just bought a 90 ex and the power seatbelts and door locks are not workin could it be a fuse or relay some one help

it could be a fuse or bad relay, yes. check the fuses and tell us how they look. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      it could be a fuse or bad relay, yes. check the fuses and tell us how they look. later.
      I checked the 2 fuses next 2 the headlight fuse but I don't know where the relay is

Comment

! Help !

Comment

seatbelt brain is under the front passenger seat..

Comment

yeah. there is a little black box under your passenger seat. Pull it all the way foward(the seat), and open the back door and look under the passenger seat. There should be two cables plugged into that box. There is one cable that goes to a green outlet/port. The other is brown.
            If your car has an alarm that constantly beeps when the car is on, then one of those plugs is unplugged. BUT, if both of those cords are plugged in, and it still doesnt work, the motor is probably dead. Cost to fix? more than your car is worth. $500-$600 a door.
            My motors are bad. but i manually slid the seat belts back. It was hard, but they stay put, and are just as safe.

Try it all out, let me know. Hope I helped.

Comment

when i bouht my car mine dindnt work either. i messed with them for eve tryin to get them to work. i finnally pulled the interior and saw the motor unplug now they work. i could kill the guy who sold me my car
              cant wait till im all done

Comment

Thanx a lot yall I don't know how but I got the drivers side workin but the passenger side doesn't work still but o well for now as long as my side is working I'm good passenger can go manual thanx again now my only problem is the power door locks I changed the box behind the door panel and still nothing and I think I checked the fuses but maybe check the wrong ones a second opinion is all ways good so guys what should I do now I'm thinking its a relay

Comment

Honda will fix your seatbelts for free unless it was caused by a accident (say you have a recontructed title) just go to your local honda dealer with a shop and ask them to check it out, it will only cost $50 to have them inspect it and they wont even charge you that if its something mechanicaly wrong.

I have also changed the motor in the power seatbelts of my car. ITs Easy and under $60 for the parts on ebay. If the motor is out honda will replace it for free if it wasnt your fault it went out. The seatbelts should be under warenty.

Have your tryed crossing the wires at the switch? sometimes with electric locks the switch at the door panel goes out. Just look at a wiring diagram for the locks and cross the wires to see if it locks.
                  I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Working...
                  X