Wagon exhaust tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon exhaust tip

Not sure if this should be in Appearance or not. Why is the tip of the exhaust on wagons curved to the side? It makes absolutely no sense to me. Anybody know why?

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

LOL. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

1 Word. Honda.
      JustBlaze

Comment

Cut a new hole and run the muffler or get you the jdm 110 degree tilt on it.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i suspect it is designed around the air flow pattern on the back of the wagon, when i had the tip in the stock location i had very little sootiness on the rear bumper, but once i switched to a sedan exhaust i ended up with more dirtiness on the rear of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            Cut a new hole and run the muffler or get you the jdm 110 degree tilt on it.
            what

Originally posted by v4lu3s
            i suspect it is designed around the air flow pattern on the back of the wagon, when i had the tip in the stock location i had very little sootiness on the rear bumper, but once i switched to a sedan exhaust i ended up with more dirtiness on the rear of the car.
            Did you get a new rear lip that matches up to the new exhaust or did you keep the old lip? If you did get a new lip, how well did it fit on the wagon bumper?(ie:Will a sedan/coupe rear lip fit on a wagon bumper?)
            Last edited by Tnwagn; 09-23-2006, 09:23 PM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Looks almost like a crooked Penis.

:edit:

Random greeting between the two cars.

CB9 Wag: 'Hey CB7 hows it hanging?'

CB7 Sedan:'....short shrivled and to the right....'
              Last edited by HenRoc; 09-23-2006, 11:18 PM.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Maybe to keep exhaust fumes from entering the passenger compartment as easily?

How many cars do you see goin down the road with shit hanging out the back, with the trunk tied half closed?

With the exhaust way to the side it would keep more of the exhaust away from the hatch.

Just a thought. L8r
                Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                01-01-2019

Comment

^^^^

By golly, I think he's got it!

Comment

fumes got sucked in the back no matter where the tip is.
                    least it has worked that way since 1997 for me.

right now i have an apexi dunl rear section and had to replace the midsection with a stainless one after an accident at a railraod crossing.
                    i have had 3-4 diff mufflers and pipe combos on the car since i bought it in Nov 1997, the first setup was just crush bent 2.25 with a dynomax muffler and a stock wagon style tip in 2.5 inch pipe. worked well no soot on rear bumper.
                    next setup had same pipe but new muffler with a DTM tip and it had BAD soot on the bumper, it was located in teh sedan/coupe location, and i had to trim a second exhaust tip cutout on the bumper.
                    3rd setup was apexi dunk and no cat, and this led to a lot more soot on teh rear bumper, but it also hung really low, ran it with a carsound cat.
                    I repalced the midpipe after it was destroyed and this time re added a stock cat, and rehung everything so it sat higher and soot is minimal but a lot more than stock.

one other thiong is the location of the tip is also varying based on the area a person stands in the back of the car. the wagonhas a larger/wider hatch area compared to a sedan, so having the tip to the side also means you are less likely to rub it ur bump into it while loading or unloading the car.
                    Last edited by v4lu3s; 09-24-2006, 11:11 AM.

Comment

yea... i hate teh wagon rear bumper for that reason... i had a dtm too that fucked up my first bumper and now i got a perfect one that i'm either gonna try to put a sedan lip on it for just not run an exaust all teh way to the back...

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by g-wagon
                        yea... i hate teh wagon rear bumper for that reason... i had a dtm too that fucked up my first bumper and now i got a perfect one that i'm either gonna try to put a sedan lip on it for just not run an exaust all teh way to the back...

i need a new one, i got bumped by a checy truck a while back, slightly flattening the middle part.
                        i did try to put lips on the rear before but did not have much luck, but i dont know what model years i had, jsut was at a junkyard i worked at with a big pile of lips to work with....

Comment

thats why you cut it off and have it run out by the wheel well to the side oh oh?
                          uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

It's off to the right to keep the tip away from your legs when your opening the hatch, it's this way on all wagons, vans, and most SUVS

Comment

Working...
                            X