Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished DIY headlights w/yellow, PIC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished DIY headlights w/yellow, PIC.

Took me about 4 hours to do. Messed up once because I used cheap masking tape and left a mark about the size of a penny on the high beam side .. Besides that turned out pretty good.
    You have been defeated by a car with child locks, how embarassing...

"I noticed my f22 felt "healthier" until it blew up." <Myk>

VERY nice job

hey man ive read all diys and i still just dont feel gutsy enough to try this myself

major props to you, update us with some pics whenever you get them bad boys installed

can you pm/aim me with some pointers on helping me out possible?

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

not bad.

Comment

nice DIY.....
        Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

main pointers are... leave em in the oven for at least 12 minutes, pry it a tiny bit until its loose and then pull it apart by hand so u dont crack the glass... use a good masking tape such as 3M blue tape because i used crappy tape and it messed em up a little. dont be scared, once your doing it, its easy as cake.

Comment

sweeeet!
            R.I.P

Comment

225 Degrees F, for 12 minutes each.....
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

My only fear/problem is not knowing what to mask off. On the lows i dont know how to or whether or not to mask off the mushroom, and on the highs...i dont even know what kind of paint that is...i dunno..i figured you just covered/blocked the other light so when painting you dont get lows yellow/highs black...i guess if i buy another set or 2 and mess em up, it wont be too bad

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

basically you paint anything thats flat, the rest of the pattern is kinda like squares on the back, thats what you mask off for the low beam and high beam. if you want to do high beam in yellow you dont have to mask anything off.

Comment

looks good man. maybe i'll get to see them this tursday. later.
                    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by Alex EX
                      basically you paint anything thats flat, the rest of the pattern is kinda like squares on the back, thats what you mask off for the low beam and high beam. if you want to do high beam in yellow you dont have to mask anything off.
                      So you tape off any rounded pieces, and the mushroom?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

you paint the mushroom black too if you want, preference really... i painted mine black as well.

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                          225 Degrees F, for 12 minutes each.....
                          x2, or buy a heatgun.

Comment

Sick job, looks good so far. Last night I saw a Civic hatch with some yellow lights...not sure how I feel about them as of yet. But good props on your DIY and the work.

- Zipcreature
                            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                              So you tape off any rounded pieces, and the mushroom?
                              I think taping off the shield/mushroom looks goofy, but that's just me.....Here's mines:

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X