Look what I did today... fun with paint and emblems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what I did today... fun with paint and emblems

I was painting my grill all black today when my father took a look and said "hey I've seen some Honda's with a red emblem." So of course that gave me an idea... I'm sure I'm not the first nor the craftiest but check it out.

I found a roll of soft aluminum in my neighbors basement and went to work. First I took off the emblem and cut out a piece of the aluminum to fit behind it. Then sanded it down and painted it.. red. And crazy glued it to the back of the emblem to look like this...

And a whole shot of the grill

Front shot.. dont mind the hood.. I need a new one. If you have a black hood or carbon fiber one for sale in NYC or locally, I'd be glad to pick one up..

I also started on the rear emblem and finished it... but it was too dark to take pictures. This is what it looked like before...

And tomorrow I'll post up an after shot.

And just my luck, I went out a few minutes ago to the store and noticed my OEM sunroof visor broken off and an empty beer bottle next to my car. I wish I saw the scumbag who did it... If anyone has an OEM sunroof visor, let me know please..

that came out pretty good, sorry about the sunroof visor
    Members Ride

Comment

heres that sunroof visor

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=49307
      Members Ride

Comment

looks REAL good.

definitely a better look than the hacked and chicken-wired "g-square" styled ones IMO.

Comment

Looks really good!

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...13-06_1754.jpg

did you atleast sand down the grill first......the paint won't stick if its smooth.....you have to sand it down....clean it.....than spray it...........i don't have any pictures of my grill....but thats what i did like a mouth in a half ago.........i just life the "H" alone and painted the reat black..............because if you didn't you'll find yourself repainting it over again.....and if you did.......WELL!....lil chips of paint may come off when a lil rock or something hits it.............but good work.....looks nice.........

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...13-06_1754.jpg

did you atleast sand down the grill first......the paint won't stick if its smooth.....you have to sand it down....clean it.....than spray it...........i don't have any pictures of my grill....but thats what i did like a mouth in a half ago.........i just life the "H" alone and painted the reat black..............because if you didn't you'll find yourself repainting it over again.....and if you did.......WELL!....lil chips of paint may come off when a lil rock or something hits it.............but good work.....looks nice.........
              Yup of course... I bought the grill painted black but the person who did it never put a clear coat or anything on it, so the grill had tons of chips all over it from rocks and crap on the road. I sanded it down and put a spray on clear coat on top the grill and emblem to help protect it against chips.

Comment

Rear shot

I did the same.. sand it down, paint and clear coat on it.. .it came out pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                  looks REAL good.

definitely a better look than the hacked and chicken-wired "g-square" styled ones IMO.

and i thought i was the only one that thought that, lol. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by ant96gle
                    Yup of course... I bought the grill painted black but the person who did it never put a clear coat or anything on it, so the grill had tons of chips all over it from rocks and crap on the road. I sanded it down and put a spray on clear coat on top the grill and emblem to help protect it against chips.

cool.....well! i did mine from scratch..........like always.......i tell ppl in my house all the time to hide the paint from me.......lol........it was 1, 2, 3.......now the red...is nice........i wish i could had did that...but my grill is different....it doesn't have that wall in the back....its all open.......so i installed some L.E.D's..(blue) behind the grill and it looks nice....at night it doesn't even look like i gotta grill.......lol.....

any way.......keep that clear coat...cause you'll gonna need it again........winter time is coming.....and when the snow freezes up on your grill ......some paint is gonna come off...............

Comment

Hey what kind of lip is that, the 90-91 Spoon style?

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

cool.....well! i did mine from scratch..........like always.......i tell ppl in my house all the time to hide the paint from me.......lol........it was 1, 2, 3.......now the red...is nice........i wish i could had did that...but my grill is different....it doesn't have that wall in the back....its all open.......so i installed some L.E.D's..(blue) behind the grill and it looks nice....at night it doesn't even look like i gotta grill.......lol.....

any way.......keep that clear coat...cause you'll gonna need it again........winter time is coming.....and when the snow freezes up on your grill ......some paint is gonna come off...............
                        Forget about the ice... the salt getting kicked up by other cars is going to be havoc...

but atleast its really easy to take it off and do it all over again... I just wanted something simple that blends more with the black theme of the car, headlights, bumper, corner and tail lights... I'm not really into the lights though.

I never really liked mesh grills, they look cheesy. I just like the fact there is no emblem in the middle and it looks really clean.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                          Hey what kind of lip is that, the 90-91 Spoon style?
                          Mugen style. I havent seen a spoon lip in a while. We gotta get together again soon...

Comment

Originally posted by ant96gle
                            Forget about the ice... the salt getting kicked up by other cars is going to be havoc...

but atleast its really easy to take it off and do it all over again... I just wanted something simple that blends more with the black theme of the car, headlights, bumper, corner and tail lights... I'm not really into the lights though.

I never really liked mesh grills, they look cheesy. I just like the fact there is no emblem in the middle and it looks really clean.

i don't like the no grill in the front....i hate that i rather roc the grill and mesh than have no grill at all......but by painting it black...it looks like there is nothing there...........barely

Comment

i don't like the no grill in the front....i hate that i rather roc the grill and mesh than have no grill at all......but by painting it black...it looks like there is nothing there...........barely
                              I never looked at it that way, I always thought a body colored grill just flows better, like the grill part of the bumper under the license plate

Comment

Working...
                              X