Painted my Valve Cover & added CAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted my Valve Cover & added CAI

I got bored today since it rained most of the morning so I did not do any tows so I decided to paint my valve cover and add CAI since while I was at it.

What do ya think?

WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

I know it's your car but why yellow?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett
      I know it's your car but why yellow?
      Umm .. it matches the battery ??

Now Abeerdrinker ... sand off the logo part .. and, it'll look like this ..

A Hui Hou !!!
      Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I planned on sanding the logo off but I was gonna change the logo to black. But I havent decided yet. Since I am currently working on doing H23 TB and A6 Plenum to make it back to silver again with very small black accents. I will change the Ps pump w/braket and Dis to silver again. Just waiting on someone on the board to sell some headers so I can change that to black as well. Then I should be done with the painting process
        Last edited by Abeerdrinker; 04-05-2006, 06:41 PM.
        WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

looks like the paint came out beautifully smooth and shiny, good job!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
            I planned on sanding the logo off but I was gonna change the logo to black. But I havent decided yet. Since I am currently working on doing H23 TB and A6 Plenum to make it back to silver again with very small black accents. I will change the Ps pump w/braket and Dis to silver again. Just waiting on someone on the board to sell some headers so I can change that to black as well. Then I should be done with the painting process
            What kina paint did you use ? And what are you planning to use on the header?
            My V/C was professionally powder coated .. and I'm still tryin to sell it .. ( I went blue)
            Its a three color blue, and it was also professionally powder coated .. he even used
            a flake, so it kina goes chameleon on ya, when you look at it from diff angles ..

Yours came out perfect ..

A Hui Hou !!!
            Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

at least your sticking with all yellow.. two thumbs up for consistency
              1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

i like that color. its madd creative, and loud, dats wats up

Comment

Personally, (everyone is entitled to their own opinion) but....
                  When people start coloring parts on the engine such as: intake, valve cover, wires. I think it looks alot cleaner when the colors all go together, like....red car, red engine parts? Different colors in the engine bay just annoys me

Other than me venting, the paint job looks good. well done.

Comment

paint came out beautiful, nice job

Comment

well I finished the H23 Throttle body. I am still doing the intake manny. About to prep the support bracket for the alt, ps pump for painting along with the fuel rail. Just plan to take them to a nice black low shine

TB pics below

I am just painting the VC yellow and the rest is gonna be silver with black accents or black with sliver accents. The valve cover was painted yellow so that the color kinda blends with the motor then just have 2 yellow items on one side. Most everything else I will paint will be black or silver switching the accents as well. I havent decided what color to use for the hoses.
                      Last edited by Abeerdrinker; 04-07-2006, 07:53 PM.

Comment

thats not a throttle body.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                          thats not a throttle body.
                          lol, I was about to say that.

but besides that, it looks nice.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

well ur right but the name isnt coming to my head and since it connect to the TB I just call it that.

Btw this is the car thats the organ donor for my honda

92 Ex
                            rear disc brakes
                            exhaust man
                            along with the front bumper w/headlights and rear trunk w/tail lights

I will take pics of the prelude tomorrow thats the other organ donor.
                            Last edited by Abeerdrinker; 04-07-2006, 08:15 PM.

Comment

very nice..btw where do u buy that rubber extension for the CAI..?

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X