my rust.... fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my rust.... fixed

Ok i started this project on the 16th of january and today is the eleventh that makes the total project took me 3 weeks and 6 days.. i plan on being done with the other side tomarrow. I believe took my time and did my best but it didnt turn out as well as i planned. my car is pewter grey metallic and i plan on getting my car painted before the end of this year. i was thinking of getting it painted black. but what other colors would look good? i plan on geting it done at macco but let me know what other colors would looks good. Well here are the pics let me know what you think of my handy work.. i will post pics of the passenger side tomarrow since it will be done tomarrow..thanks.

BEFORE--DRIVERS SIDE

--------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER--DRIVERS SIDE

BEFORE--PASSENGER SIDE

AFTER--PASSENGER SIDE
    *Coming Soon To A CB7Tuner Near You*

Like i said i know it aint perfect but its better than that damn rust but yea let me know what colors would look good

looks like a lot of body filler was used. my rust was fixed (not correctly) a guy cut out my rust added metal and then body filled it. after 3 months it came back lol

but its a way better sight seeing it semi fixed instead of rusty and full of holes

maury

Comment

IMO you need to put more time into it before spending hundreds of dollars on a professional paint job. Use longer strokes. Your still on the shaping step. You should be using a "long board" or a "shaper" and 50 grit sandpaper. From side to side the face of the wheel well is a flat surface. From there it curves back up into the quarter panel. If you did a thorough job of removing active rust, and you seal in the back side it shouldn't bubble again for several years if ever.
      It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

I basically replace rust worse on my quarter panels than I see on yours above. I blasted out all the rust, formed new steel and smoothed it all out using a bit of filler and it looks great.

Photo was taken before I lowered it, but you get the idea.

Just spend a little bit more time smoothing down the filler and cleaning it up. Try and remove all of the rust as you possibly can before you fill it if the holes are small enough to fill, but It's still not the right way to do it.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic (Non CB7) But this is my current 300ZX project, rusted to sh** haha. It's taken me months to get it where it's at now and still about 2-3 weeks before I paint it.

First stage of primer, still not perfect. But the total rear arch was fabricated out of new steel and the rear lower panel below the first body line is all new fabbed steel. It's a hell of alot of work, takes a shiz load of time, but it's worth it.

Fender bottoms, rocker panels inner and outer skins, floor pans, rear trunk pans, total rear panel from licence plate down, front fender mounts, multiple frame sections, were almost totally rebuilt using new steel and custom fabbing it all since no body panels are really available for these cars.
        Last edited by -Strike-; 02-13-2006, 01:09 AM.
        1990 Accord LX - Custom Paint, Dropped.
        Rockin' on Stock Rims. First and Current Car.

84' 300ZX Turbo being built as a second toy.

Comment

nice job both of you..big ups lol
          rollin on em twankiez

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7
            IMO you need to put more time into it before spending hundreds of dollars on a professional paint job. Use longer strokes. Your still on the shaping step. You should be using a "long board" or a "shaper" and 50 grit sandpaper. From side to side the face of the wheel well is a flat surface. From there it curves back up into the quarter panel. If you did a thorough job of removing active rust, and you seal in the back side it shouldn't bubble again for several years if ever.
            i second this, really take your time in the shaping stage, you'll thank yourself later if u decided to go with black,

i'm shaving my car (I.E. moldings, emblems, antenna) and taking out dents i 'm really taking my time with this cause it's going to be black,

nice job though!
            Members Ride

Comment

Working...
            X