Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Black hard to paint? Experts Chime In!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Black hard to paint? Experts Chime In!

I am for sure painting my car this week and am debating on weather to go black or not..... Will it show any more or less than other colors. I am brand new to car painting, and need some advice...Is one color easier to paint than another?

Thanks guys,
    Adam

im not an expert....but ive been told that black is a hard colour to paint just cuz it will show all the defects that happen.....but again im not an expert and thats all just hearsay for me....well ttyl bye bye.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

IMO all normal colors are not harder than one another. although black shows dust spots, runs, and any minor defects more than other colors...it's not so much harder to paint it's just that it'll show the minor defects more.

Comment

Black is good But dirt will show. White is a good color because dirt doesnt show up that easy. Blk will look good

$%^&* I dont know what im saying
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by JamesB14
          im not an expert....but ive been told that black is a hard colour to paint just cuz it will show all the defects that happen.....but again im not an expert and thats all just hearsay for me....well ttyl bye bye.
          black is the hardest to paint. shows every little imperfection. white is the easiest. reds a bitch too.

Comment

ohh, and runs and dust spots can be wet sanded out after painting too.

Comment

hmmmm maybe I should go white then......UGH!

Comment

Yeah, painting a car black will show the lack of preparation much more than any other color. BUT, done correctly, black can hands down look the best, but you just have to take care of it all the time.

White as said will hide most anything. My car can be soooo dirty, but you cant really tell until you wipe your hand down it and see the difference to what it is supposed to look like.

Also, are you going to actually paint, or rattle can it?

Comment

yust about any color is the same to paint....the only thing is that there black will show every imperfection and if u didn't do a good job on dents they will show......runs u can sand out as long as the runs are in the clear......but yea black will show everything

COMMENT MY RIDES!!!!

91 blue accord ex 4 door automatic

Comment

Shik, then I will have to go white. Thanks guys. If anyone has any more imput let me know please!

Comment

alot of people are wrong here. black is easy to paint. i painted my black ek hatch, just ask [CP]MIKE.that shit is butter. white is hard to paint. i painted my friends 99 civic championship white that was hard to paint and also clear. i painted my car which was easy. painted to cars a ef civic and ef crx same color hard as hell. liek a mustard color a silver basecoat then the pt cruiser gold(mustard) hard to see (paint and clear). painted a 96 talon maroon, that was easy. if you never painted a car before or let alone painted bodykits, fenders or hood or whatever u have no clue what u car talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                        alot of people are wrong here. black is easy to paint. i painted my black ek hatch, just ask [CP]MIKE.that shit is butter. white is hard to paint. i painted my friends 99 civic championship white that was hard to paint and also clear. i painted my car which was easy. painted to cars a ef civic and ef crx same color hard as hell. liek a mustard color a silver basecoat then the pt cruiser gold(mustard) hard to see (paint and clear). painted a 96 talon maroon, that was easy. if you never painted a car before or let alone painted bodykits, fenders or hood or whatever u have no clue what u car talking about.
                        i have painted and done bodywork for years.....i can tell you black and red are the hardest base colors to paint. especially if the cars dinged up and shit. if the cars mint then of course there shouldnt be a problem. white is easy as pie. i have painted campers, cars and trucks for a long time. not as a full time job but my gisl dad owned a shop. taught me a lot of stuff.

Comment

quote:oneoffaccord

Its not opinion.. its just the way the cookie crumbles my brotha. Its not HARDER to paint black.. all paints are the same..somewhat. But if you make a few mistakes in the prepwork on a black car, and on a blue car, and a white car, it WILL show up more in the black. I am talking about a generic blue/white/black.

A 3 stage pearl/effect color can be harder to paint and get looking good than a black, but the black will show the bad prepwork more.

Comment

So if you car is dinged up and you don't really want it to show too bad, white would be my best bet?

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal
                              So if you car is dinged up and you don't really want it to show too bad, white would be my best bet?
                              exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              X