Should I paint my sideskirts? (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I paint my sideskirts? (pic)

Im thinkin about painting my sideskirts white to match the car. I think it gives me a fuller look and still keeps the car clean. I need some opinions. If I dont like it, its pretty simple to paint them black again. Heres some photoshop.

Before

After

And of course there will be a carwash done also hehe

yea go for it i think it will look nice

Comment

Maybe its just me, but I don't think that the white side skirts will do anything for the car. Plus I would think they'd be a lot more prone to chipping as well. If anything I'd do the upper moldings and leave the lower moldings black.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousJDMLBM
        Maybe its just me, but I don't think that the white side skirts will do anything for the car. Plus I would think they'd be a lot more prone to chipping as well. If anything I'd do the upper moldings and leave the lower moldings black.
        Eventually all the moldings will be white including the skirts. Painting the skirts are really easy Im gonna let the shop do the moldings with the rest of the car in the future. Just really trying to do a quick and easy tag on my car lol. I think the car will look lower/fuller in the body IMO. Im not even sure how many will notice w/ them painted or not.

Comment

id keep them black to match the side moldings. That's just my opinion but white also looks good. Whatever you choose will look fine.
          Raceline USA

Comment

I'd keep them black I personally think it would look better having them black matching the lip and all and it really wouldn't do much painting them white.
            But once again thats just my opinion

Comment

white sideskirts, yet keep the black side moldings, black front lip, black rear trim/lip, carbon fiber hood, oem grill w/ black, dark wheels...

it's your car, do what you want.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                white sideskirts, yet keep the black side moldings, black front lip, black rear trim/lip, carbon fiber hood, oem grill w/ black, dark wheels...

it's your car, do what you want.
                Haha, I think I should just get this and call it quits.

Comment

If you are gonna paint the sideskirts.. you would have to do the lips at very least. Then Im sure the moldings would have to go soon after. I say just leave them black. Just check out Keiths car (kmart) ... its friggen hot, white/black moldings and skirts..plenty other cars that look good with them aswell, just saw a pic of his though.

Comment

Myself, I would keep the sides black. That's just b/c I like the contrast between the black and the white. But do what makes ya happy!

Just b/c U post more doesn't mean U know more!

Comment

keep it black.. it looks better that way..

Frost White CB7 Crew #26

Comment

it makes the car look lower. i did all my lower trim before i did my door mouldings and such, which i'll do this year

Comment

Dont paint your moldings, they will crack.
                          Doesnt matter if a shop does them or not.
                          Leave them black and just get the White side moldings from a
                          white 10th Anniversary sedan.
                          They sell them at the dealer.
                          It will look 75% better

Comment

what's gonna crack exactly?
                            paint? it shouldn't be any different than painting a lip or even a bumper. if you use a flexy paint, it's fine. mine are going through winter just fine. and i scrape through a lot of snow/ice in the front and the lip hasn't flaked or chipped so i unno what you're talking about really.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
                              what's gonna crack exactly?
                              paint? it shouldn't be any different than painting a lip or even a bumper. if you use a flexy paint, it's fine. mine are going through winter just fine. and i scrape through a lot of snow/ice in the front and the lip hasn't flaked or chipped so i unno what you're talking about really.
                              idk what you're talking about, but i seen my share of cracked lips/sideskirts/side moldings/and mudflaps, enough to justify that he shouldnt paint them.

Comment

Working...
                              X