Trunk swap problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk swap problem.

Ok I did a 92-93 trunk swap a couple months back, then I got the matching 92-93 outer tails (had 90-91 outer tails, so it didn't look right), but anyways i've noticed on the passenger side the tails don't exactly meet up, but on the driver side they do, take a look:

It's a lot more noticeable in day time, and in real life. It's like there is a huge gap between them, anyone know?
    Last edited by sublime; 01-24-2006, 10:04 PM. Reason: Added something.

was ur car in an accident before, could be that the frame on that side is a little off. could be from an accident or just age

Comment

did you line your trunk lid up when you swaped it? If it is aligned properly try taking the light off and putting it back on maybe it didnt set right
      Working N/A build up in progress

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
        was ur car in an accident before, could be that the frame on that side is a little off. could be from an accident or just age
        Well as far as I know it hasnt been hit, maybe age.

Originally posted by halfazn
        did you line your trunk lid up when you swaped it? If it is aligned properly try taking the light off and putting it back on maybe it didnt set right
        Yeah I will try this, thanks.

Comment

The latch that is mounted to the body of the car is adjustable. I think it takes an allen head or maybe a star bit but anyways just try adjusting it to the right just a little bit until the gap between the lights is the same on both sides. Later.
          93 EX Coupe - its a work in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by blk93cb7
            The latch that is mounted to the body of the car is adjustable. I think it takes an allen head or maybe a star bit but anyways just try adjusting it to the right just a little bit until the gap between the lights is the same on both sides. Later.

Cool thanks man.

Comment

yup its the latch same shit happened to me.

Comment

Yeah sounds like the latch. When my car was repaired with a salvaged trunk lid the dealer body shop was having alignment issues relating to this and then decided to replace the latch and then realign it. This was also affecting the height of the trunk on the affected side of impact.
                '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Working...
                X