Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wow does anyone else's cb7 look like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow does anyone else's cb7 look like this?

I'm guessing the previous owner kept this car outside all the time or something, cause my roof is dying. And the common rust spot just keeps getting worst(hope to fix that soon)

those are drops of rain on the roof too

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

looks like its time for a paint job, i heard thats wut maaco paint jobs start lookin like after a year.

Comment

my roof looks like that, and it's starting to get bad on my hood too. Thank god i don't have a rust spot on my car tho'. The pervious owners apparently didn't take wash the exterior on mine or yours that often
      I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
        no not yet anyway,my cars clear coat is chipping off on my roof,doors,everywear.and i dont know why.
        It is 10-13 years old

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
        JDM H22
        Port n Polished Int Mani
        Bored TB, maxed
        MSD 6A
        I/H/E
        no cat
        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

paint defect from honda.. it only happens with the darker colours of the CB7's

Originally posted by f22-dohc

fuk man, i'll get my beaver after u. u'll never find me in my igloo... its camaflauged in the arctic!!

Comment

is the seatlle silver color considered dark? Because its happening to mine too
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

My car is on the original paint and no chips or incidents of CC coming off.....mind you its also a matter of how often you or the previous owner washed/waxed etc. I used to know a guy who didnt was his car EVAR and thats what his paint looked like. I wash my car about 1-2 times a week and more if it snows and wax about every 1-2 years. I hate to see cars loosing their clearcoat makes it look like BOOTay
              No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

part of my roof and a bit of the trunk/fender area has that same clearcoat failure. on the part of the roof between the rack channels and the door jamb there is no clearcoat left. i'm gonna try a high grit sanding and temporarily spray some clearcoat paint on there. i'll post results. can anybody recommend what type of sandpaper i should use?

i consider myself lucky that i have no rust on the body at all.

fourthgenhatch.net

Comment

Originally posted by VRDrvr
                  My car is on the original paint and no chips or incidents of CC coming off.....mind you its also a matter of how often you or the previous owner washed/waxed etc. I used to know a guy who didnt was his car EVAR and thats what his paint looked like. I wash my car about 1-2 times a week and more if it snows and wax about every 1-2 years. I hate to see cars loosing their clearcoat makes it look like BOOTay
                  dayum... i better start washing my car more. probably this weekend if it doesnt rain, damit...
                  then i gotta change my sig.

S A N D I E G O

Comment

my car still has the original paint which impresses me ...but just like any other car , you will always have certain areas

Comment

while i was on my search for a car, i talked 2 this guy who owned a prelude i was trying to buy. he said that some hondas paint jobs go bad due to oxidization. he says that this primarily goes for the paint on the hood. it is caused by the combination of heat from the engine and the temperature (usu. cold) outside. he also said that honda tried correcting this by putting some type of "insulation" under the hood (padding or thicker hood, i don't remember). but that's mostly on the hood, i don't know too much about the roof.

btw: the guy worked as a honda technician for like 10 years. so i guess he knew what was up.
                      Last edited by XLR Azn; 02-25-2004, 06:31 PM.

Comment

yea i had the charcoal grey 4th gen b4 i had mine painted my roof looked exactly like that and my hood was even worse...my rust wasnt nearly as bad as u...but its not been cut out n replaced wit metal so i never havtasee rust there again
                        In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

you could spot you hood and roof, but it might look alittle two-toned then. If you can sand that off let me know i need a temp solution to that problem
                          I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

hey ive had my macco paint job for 2 years and its the cheep one for two hundred bucks i havent had any problems with it
                            cb7 sold
                            2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
                            95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

i have the same rust spot too, but its not as bad yet. rust only gets worse...

Comment

Working...
                              X