side moldings removed and holes filled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/\/\
    fuckin' tight. I though about doing this until I got some EDM flat moldings.

Comment

that doesnt look so bad......need more pix!!!!!
      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

I have mine just like k-mart's. I was thinking about having it filled before i had it painted back in '03. but just like shawn.hayden, hondatuner...and others have mentioned, it just looks weird bec of the bumper stuff...

my friend w/ an 01 lude kept convincing me to have it filled to make it 'smooth' just like his... but... nyeeehhh...

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart

tehpr3chr
          sweet! color paint! here's some advice, Lower your car, It would look more aggressive that way!

Comment

actually i'm already in the process of looking for a set of springs for it. Thanks mr adrenaline. after that i'll post it up on member's rides.

Comment

tehpr3chr
              How did you make that hood as well. Did you just weld on a piece to take up the grille section? Looks really different and not bad at all. The sides look really cool to and something you dont see but on few cars.
              1991 Black Accord Coupe
              Sprint Lowering Springs
              Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
              Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
              17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
              TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

Originally posted by mr_adrenalin714
                sweet! color paint! here's some advice, Lower your car, It would look more aggressive that way!
                ill get right on that.

Originally posted by Sthrnba711
                How did you make that hood as well. Did you just weld on a piece to take up the grille section? Looks really different and not bad at all. The sides look really cool to and something you dont see but on few cars.

its not my car, its tepr3chr's.

Comment

ill get right on that.

its not my car, its tepr3chr's.
                  i wish people would actually read, considering that's the 2nd time in this thread that you've stated it was another member's car, lol.

btw, who took that pic?!

tehpr3chr's not on the site too much lately.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i remenber this from my mini truck days. There is only one way to shave something right, use sheet metal ! the time you take welding and getting sheet metal right is worth it there alot less bondo no cracking it's stronger in genral

jeff
                    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Personally I wouldn't do it because it will mess up the flow of your car.
                      Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

tehpr3chr
                        is that cb7 missing a grille???

edit: yeah.. uhhh..,..... I can't read

Comment

i am going to get my body moldings shaved. i think that it makes the car look way cleaner. the only way is with sheet metal, filling it with bondo is the dumbest thing to do. a while ago i went to the wrecker and there was a civic that was all smashed and the entire door was peeling away because it was completely filled with bondo. i just laghed! i never thought of just pulling the moldings and filling the holes. it actually looks pretty good but its just not as smooth as shaving them. peace out

Comment

I started this last weekend. i'm not too worried about door dings where the bumpers were 'cause the two recent ones i noticed were above the molding. Prolly an SUV so the molding didn't do me any good. I got the drivers door done and it looks really good. I'll post when its done.
                            And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
                            Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

Yeah, Like everyone else has said, It's best to use sheetmetal as much as possible when doing any sort of bodywork. It will save you alot of money and headaches in the longrun.
                              Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

Fiberglassing worked on my car and it's not cracked.

Comment

Working...
                                X