which header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AccordSe91
    I will go for the megan racing header but I don't want the big useless hole in front of the header.
    Does the one for prelude si 92-96 will fit exactly?

Prelude
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Megan-Header-for-...QQcmdZViewItem

Accord
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/MEGAN-4-2-1-Stain...QQcmdZViewItem
    That hole is for 02 sensor if you did not know. Depending on your year/trim Accord the location of the 02 sensor is at the manifold or downpipe.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

has anyone thought about a crush bent downpipe? doesnt 2piont6 use a crushbent dp? He must be using it for a reason.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
        That hole is for 02 sensor if you did not know. Depending on your year/trim Accord the location of the 02 sensor is at the manifold or downpipe.
        I know. It's the reason why I check for the prelude header. I just want one 02 sensor hole at the bottom like my OEM manifold.
        It's a daily driver and a show car so I want it as clean as possible.
        My Ride

Jas Airbrush, Custom Paint.

Comment

I will go for the megan racing header but I don't want the big useless hole in front of the header.
          Does the one for prelude si 92-96 will fit exactly?

Prelude
          http://cgi.ebay.ca/Megan-Header-for-...QQcmdZViewItem

Accord
          http://cgi.ebay.ca/MEGAN-4-2-1-Stain...QQcmdZViewItem
          yes prelude si 2.3 will fit not the h22

Comment

I know. It's the reason why I check for the prelude header. I just want one 02 sensor hole at the bottom like my OEM manifold.
            It's a daily driver and a show car so I want it as clean as possible.
            bottom as in the downpipe?? if so, get a header for EX Accord 90-93

Comment

hehe.. sorry my english is very bad
              I know it can be difficult to understand me... but I try

I summarize:
              I want the megan but for accord they are two o2 sensor holes..one in a runner and one in the downpipe (for LX and EX) and for prelude si they have just one hole in the downpipe like my SE downpipe. In Megan pictures the head flange seem to be the same one but the cat flange seem to be different.. like 2 holes instead of 3.
              Is the prelude header will fit my f22a6?
              My Ride

Comment

Why dont you just plug up one of the holes your not using, it comes with 02 bung screw.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

It should work

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                    Why dont you just plug up one of the holes your not using, it comes with 02 bung screw.
                    cause I don't like the look with one big screw in front of the header.. the valve cover will be airbrushed soon, all the wires in engine bay will be hidden in fenders and everythings will be painted so I want the header very clean, simple.. and good looking.. nothing useless
                    My Ride

Comment

any more info? who made it?
                      how long have you used it? is it smooth?

Comment

hehe.. sorry my english is very bad
                        I know it can be difficult to understand me... but I try

I summarize:
                        I want the megan but for accord they are two o2 sensor holes..one in a runner and one in the downpipe (for LX and EX) and for prelude si they have just one hole in the downpipe like my SE downpipe. In Megan pictures the head flange seem to be the same one but the cat flange seem to be different.. like 2 holes instead of 3.
                        Is the prelude header will fit my f22a6?
                        If you did not know, Megan Racing makes a "univeral" 90-93 Accord header that is made to fit both DX/LX/SE and EX. This is the reason they have the two different O2 sensor locations present, to accomodate both. You simply plug the other O2 bung plug, if they are half-way decent they would provide one with their header, if not buy one from hardware store.

Bleh, I see your point now, you are going for show....

In that case this thread is getting moved, since it's not so much on performance but fitment for show.

Comment

it's for performance but good appearance too.

I want a good quality header but not an "universal" that fit to accord 90-93. It's why I check for the f22b/h23 header. The h23 header just have one hole in downpipe comparatively to the f22a and I wonder if the h23 header will fit my f22a because the look in engine bay is better without the screwed hole.
                          cause on the majority of ebay pictures that show h23 header, the catalytic convertor flange seems to be different.
                          My Ride

Comment

then get a h23 cat.....you said you were ordering a high-flow cat anyway right?

Member's Ride

Comment

I wouldnt risk fitment issues, just get the f22a header you barely see the top bung mang.

Comment

Working...
                              X