Macco rust/paint= 1,315.00 worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aero3685
    at a maaco.. you dont want them doing bodywork. I had my car painted there, they are good for paint since a real paintjob isnt worth the money on our cars since they usually run as much as the car.

For a quick paint job... with a few "whoopses" here and there, they are good.

For welding and real bodywork, nope.
    correctamundo

but i they fixed my crushed hood pretty well for 70 bucks so i cant blame them
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I worked in a body shop all the way through high school. It's dirty, hard work. The more you do it, the better you get at it. For $50 in materials you could give it a try yourself. For all of the work you need done $1300 isn't a bad quote. They quoted you just over $35 per hour for labor. Maybe you could knock out some of that labor anyway by doing it yourself. Make a list of the things you will do and get another quote.
      It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
        Make up your mind.

Is it ok by *you* if he does the mechanical mods first?

Holy cow. How can you judge him?
        steve, have you met Wayne, his mind flip flops like a fish on land, he goes from wanting to sell his ride to wanting an h to wanting a turbo to robbin people on ebay. his mind is always wandering and is always going places nobody would ever think.

Originally posted by Maple50175
        you do care otherwise you wouldnt have left me a comment =)

Oh well more cb7tuner hate just jelous!
        on my 2nd post in this thread.

NO ONE IS jealous of you WAYNE!!! trust me.
        Last edited by uncle_el; 01-14-2006, 07:49 PM.
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

ah yes i am a victim of modifications first lol... h22, suspension, interior, and now the most noticable the exterior

i got a quote of $2300.00 for my full body work thats for welding new quarter panels, dents, and full frost white paint job.. this is from a local garage. i am still trying to see what else i can do.. and the saving goes on to perfect the only car i have!

so just keep your car (unless you crash another one) and work on it

Comment

i am a big time victim of macco!
            ive had 3 paint jobs done at a local bethleham pa shop.

1st was on my my 1990 laser turbo in 2000. good job, $550 with a couple of dents but no jams done, but they put my windshield wiper on backwrds and it scratched my trunklid when i first put it on. overall no orange peel.

2nd was on my 1989 civic in 2001. $700 and good job somewhat. they put on a front erobuni kit nicely, shaved rear wiper and used bondo for rear quarters. good bright "hyper white" color. no orange peel, but the car was dirty when i dropped it off so they painted over dirt in tight spots down low on bumpers.

3rd was on civic again in 2003 becasuse i hit a snowbank(minor) and quarters were rustin up again. 2 days later im wokin up at 5 in the morning to be told my car was stolen and set on fire! nothing was salvageable at all. it had tenzo race seats, rims, sterio and tach stolen. the dohc zc was burnt , suspension was ruined, and boy i cryed when macco cut me a check for only $1700 when i had reciepts for $8000!

the lesson is: macco is good if you prime the car ur self or if ur only gunna own it for less than 2-3 years. also they only sand it lightly over existing paint so new coat will stick, not down to metal then primer.

p.s.-dont leave it at a shop without a fenced in yard!

Comment

yeah the yard has a fenced area.

Im prob going to do the little things myself or sand down to the bare metal like the hood etc.

But this is gonna happen when the snows gone.

it snowed last night and im pissed.

cheers I need some good sites on bodywork

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                ...I need some good sites on bodywork
                forget looking for websites.. come down to queens, NY. i can vouch for several shops to fix/paint your ride
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Working...
                X