Macco rust/paint= 1,315.00 worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macco rust/paint= 1,315.00 worth it?

I know you will say is it worth it to me. I honestly would say no. that's more then I payed for the car....

I went to macco today and get a figure on what it will cost to make the car nice and this is what they said.

Body Repair Work hrs needed

Strip Hood 3.0
    c/w left quarter and g/f 6.0
    r/i Rear Cover 1.0
    c/w right quarter rear and front 10.0
    c/w right door bottom 4.0
    Repair right door at handle 2.0

250 for the paint
    150 for materials/supplys
    915.00 for bodywork

This is with the Presidention paint job and the prepping they do and their clear coat.
    She noted she needed to weld it all. No bondo. I even asked and shes like no it will rust within a week if u do that. So yeah :-/

I Don't know what to do. Get this done or buy another car. I mean for another g i can get an H. what do you think?

Damn. Is there anyone in your area or the surrounding area that has a good reputation for painting and body work to cars?? I was thinkin bout goin to Maaco to get my car done too, but after they calculated what the charges would be, I was like.....nah, that's ok. I then ran into a member on this site who said he'll do my car for me
    Check out what used to be mine
    Click Here

Comment

Get smart and do all the prep work yourself, and I garuntee the price will be half of that.

Comment

this is what you get for buying random parts..and goign with the trend..first turbo..then an h..then an hid kit..then rims..shouldve concentrated on the bodywork first..get it done in sections..or find a good deal somewhere..you need to find a direction and stick to it..or dont be surprised when you get a big bill

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
          this is what you get for buying random parts..and goign with the trend..first turbo..then an h..then an hid kit..then rims..shouldve concentrated on the bodywork first..get it done in sections..or find a good deal somewhere..you need to find a direction and stick to it..or dont be surprised when you get a big bill

first off...... i have nothing turbo or H... everything new i bought wasnt my money.

Second off. I dont know anyone to help.

if i prep it myself its a waste. I primmed the hood and they are telling me i need to strip it down to bare metal. :-/ i tryed and failed. and i dont know how to weld so thats out of the question. I dont know what to do

Comment

did i say you ahd all that? no...i said you folow it...ebverytime is ee u post..i want turbo..i want this...is ee uin some f/s threads..wanting to buy shit you dont need..no need to bitch to me on how you didnt pay for your shit and etc..i cud careless...you copped all that exhaust stuff and rims and etc...and now your stuck with an ugly car..truth hurts..sorry

Comment

you do care otherwise you wouldnt have left me a comment =)

Oh well more cb7tuner hate just jelous!

Comment

jealous of what?

i have an h22....decent winter rims..racing harts on the way..koni yellows yet to be installed...and a tranny swap on the way...i dont have the ebst car at all..but its better than your 2 toned piece of shit..i could carless about you...but that doesnt sotp me from sharing my opinon..oi tried helping you out..and you complained and bitched online...i didnt even bother bitching bout the 100 bucks you.."never" gto from me..which i have/had proof the letter and moneyorder was delivered...not gonna keep one upping you..noit gonna keep bitching..ill let you keep your pride...your cars gret you even won a bullshit sward at the car show..

Comment

I'm not sure if Maaco was your first choice, but I would recommend lookin around a lil bit. It took me a while to find someone to do my body work and paint. I even became friends wit someone that works at Maaco somehow, and he agreed to do my paint alot cheaper than what they normally charge. Even though he agreed to do it, Maaco doesn't have a good name ova here where I'm at, so I'ma stay away from it. Hope that helps u out a lil bit mane (jus my lil .02 cents)
                  Check out what used to be mine
                  Click Here

Comment

dhn..... point? also id like to see the proof too.

oh and it's 3 toned

Comment

i had delivery confirmation for the letter..you kno my point..but seeing as your a fucking dumbass ill reiterate it..you suck..your car sucks..go kill yourself

now THATS my last post in here...make your you kiss my ass as i leave the thread

Comment

C/W means cut and weld right . What does G/F and R/I mean?

That price really isnt that bad. I just paid $800 to paint a few panels (rear bumper and roof paint was faded) and fix rust on one side. For the price you got quoted, for a few hundred more I could of painted my whole car. I say bite the bullet and go for it, once you spend the money and paint it and nice black (or whatever color you want) it will look awesome with your drop and rims.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          She noted she needed to weld it all. No bondo. I even asked and shes like no it will rust within a week if u do that. So yeah :-/
                          Macco is notorious for bondo usage so i doubt she was telling you the truth. you want rust fixed the right way, go ask Accordwarrior how much it can really cost and how its done right.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          I Don't know what to do. Get this done or buy another car. I mean for another g i can get an H. what do you think?
                          i can't speak for everyone, but i prioritize maintenance first, then "mod" the ride up.
                          here u are confused, upset, coz of the what its gonna cost you, but you could have done this first instead of your previous purchase(s). there really is no cheap way to fix the rust, so how you go about it is entirely up to you.
                          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

they quoted me at 2,300 to make the car body wise brand new, new fenders hood bumper cover all dents out and rust on one side

but my friend does body work so he quote me and 600
                            for all dents out add spoiler shave 4 door handles prep everything for paint

Comment

I see.

Comment

Working...
                              X