big dent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big dent.

alright, so the front of my car is dented. The dent is about 5 inches wide, and 3 inches tall. It is dented in about 3/4 of an inch, and it is right over the curve in the hood above the grille. My question is, would my best bet be to take it to a shop? Im afraid if i do it myself than i wont get the curve right, and itll be more money ill have to pay to the shop to fix it. This dent is pretty aggrivating, because it makes everything on the front of my car look bad. Also, would it be possible to cut out part of the dent, to where i could straighten out half of it and then weld a new piece of metal in place of what i cut out? Im not sure what my best choice would be.
    Thanks
    -Kevin.

I don't know if you mean the dent is on the hood, but you can buy a new hood for like 100 bucks, so thats what I'd do.

Comment

yup, its alot easier to buy a new hood. might as well be carbon fiber. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i dont know, if the welding idea worked i could fix it for about 5 bucks. my schools supplies the welder and metal, and i get the bondo.

Comment

i wouldn't weld on the hood. its already a thin metal, and a composite of two separate layers, as opposed to one more solid one like your body panels. but i mean, if you have the experience - and why not - if you fuck it up then lesson learned!

otherwise, pull it if you can and fill/ paint from there, or just throw on a new/ salvaged hood

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

just replace it and get a cf hood

Comment

CF is expensive. I got a stock aftermarket hood in Tucson for 99 bucks. I don't know about the places out there, but it can't be much worse then that...

Comment

Working...
              X