Ebay CF Hood?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay CF Hood?????

Are they any good? Like quality wise? I don't want to buy one and have it turn and fade yellow on me I want to know if anyone around here is running around witth a cf hood bought from ebay. I know that VIS makes good quality hood, but I'm on a budget.
    Last edited by Chan_Man; 10-13-2005, 10:31 PM.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

Originally posted by Chan_Man
    Are they any good? Like quality wise? I don't want to buy one and have it turn and fade yellow on me I want to know if anyone around here is running around witth a cf hood bough from ebay. I know that VIS makes good quality hood, but I'm on a budget.
    everyone i've talked to that has bought an ebay CF hood has said its shitty quality and not worth it... i'd suggest saving up for a VIS

Comment

So where can we get some quality carbonfiber hoods for a decent price.

Comment

ebay doesn't make carbon fiber hoods, check the brand.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
          ebay doesn't make carbon fiber hoods, check the brand.
          ^^ yea the people i talked to about theirs bought theirs off ebay it wasnt made by ebay

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
            ^^ yea the people i talked to about theirs bought theirs off ebay it wasnt made by ebay
            i perhaps should have made a blanket statement and said that ebay doesn't make anything other than an online/internet forum through which to sell parts.

so, the clarification needs to be made as to what brand of hoods your friends bought on ebay, and for chan_man, what brand of hood are you looking at on ebay?

quality items can be found on ebay, as well as not so quality items on ebay. the point being that one cannot make a blanket statement that carbon fiber hoods on ebay are garbage. i would say that a low end company's hood, whether sold on ebay or elsewhere, will not stand up to the quality of vis or seibon.

suffice to say the most important thing when looking at the product is the brand, and not the fact that it's being sold on ebay.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
              i perhaps should have made a blanket statement and said that ebay doesn't make anything other than an online/internet forum through which to sell parts.

so, the clarification needs to be made as to what brand of hoods your friends bought on ebay, and for chan_man, what brand of hood are you looking at on ebay?

quality items can be found on ebay, as well as not so quality items on ebay. the point being that one cannot make a blanket statement that carbon fiber hoods on ebay are garbage. i would say that a low end company's hood, whether sold on ebay or elsewhere, will not stand up to the quality of vis or seibon.

suffice to say the most important thing when looking at the product is the brand, and not the fact that it's being sold on ebay.

ooh i see what your saying now... you make a good point!

Comment

Yeah, you can find real VIS or Seibon carbon fiber hoods on ebay. Either one of those will be good quality. When it comes to that don't buy anything that is off brand because they will either not fit right or fade or whatever else you can imagine.

Comment

LOL! I have been so caught up with the ebay crap that I meant to say What is a good brand name CF Hood besides VIS that are sold on ebay. I'm looking for an OEM replacement.
                  "form follows function."
                  Louis Sullivan

Comment

most of the cf hoods off ebay fade/deteriorate...my buddy regretted buying his off there. go vis.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X