Anyone know what these spaces are for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TypeG

the first slot on the gas release is not for a button. there is a screw under there. later.
    Thanks for the fuse box picture TypeG!!

Comment

Why do the USDM Accords lack all these neat features?

Comment

Originally posted by fac90
        Why do the USDM Accords lack all these neat features?
        in the US, acura is the high end of the honda line... so the acura's got all the features and hondas didnt... theres no acura in japan/other countries, honda is it, so its got the features. we are just left with all the empty spacers to make us envy the japanese accords

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Comment

Ok, so we have a few variations on a theme of switches that have a light when pushed in vs. ones that don't.

So from the above what I can tell: rear fog light switch; half-mast antenna (neat idea hadn't heard of it); heated seats; bumper pole (does this raise/retract like a power antenna?); one that looks like a mirror is that heated mirrors (when you also have power folding mirrors? What's with the corner sensor? Are these a combo of JDM/EDM switches? That is, all of those were not really avaiable on one car in one country?

And why doesn't that JDM model have a trunk control lock?
            '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
            EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Comment

^^^ wow

i want that

all of it

Comment

that's some sick ass shit it's hella jdm

Hey check us out www.2camcrew.com

Comment

you're speaking of the Valet lock, I never understood that, when you hand a "valet parker" your key and disable the inside handle for the trunk with the car/key you're handing the car over to the "valet parker" than they automatically have access to unlocking the lock you just locked, it doesnt make sense to me. or was there a seperate key? that would make a lot more sense to me, but I only got 1 key with my car, and it only works with my ignition, I got a weird deal on my car, but its in my name and I have the key, I learned a good lesson, and it wont happen to me again! also,
                    I know this is off topic, but Im wondering how to go about getting a key made for my doors, I talked to a friend that works as a locksmith and he says to call honda dealership and give them my VIN # and they will give me a code to have a key cut, anybody know of anything else besides removing the lock cylinder and taking out the wafers? that's really off topic, I just want to have a key made.

Comment

Originally posted by hotboxinit
                      you're speaking of the Valet lock, I never understood that, when you hand a "valet parker" your key and disable the inside handle for the trunk with the car/key you're handing the car over to the "valet parker" than they automatically have access to unlocking the lock you just locked, it doesnt make sense to me. or was there a seperate key? that would make a lot more sense to me, but I only got 1 key with my car, and it only works with my ignition, I got a weird deal on my car, but its in my name and I have the key, I learned a good lesson, and it wont happen to me again! also,
                      I know this is off topic, but Im wondering how to go about getting a key made for my doors, I talked to a friend that works as a locksmith and he says to call honda dealership and give them my VIN # and they will give me a code to have a key cut, anybody know of anything else besides removing the lock cylinder and taking out the wafers? that's really off topic, I just want to have a key made.
                      There are 2 keys. 1 Key is a master key and will unlock and lock anything on the car. The 2nd key is a valet key, it is smaller in size (the head part) and it will not unlock the glovebox or other locking items. It only unlocks the car and starts it. This way your valet cannot go through your car and steal your drugs in the trunk and your guns in the glovebox.

EDIT: also I should add, any original keys that came with your car will have a number stamped into them on the metal part just above the start of the grooves, going across the metal blade of the key. If your key does not have that, it is not an original key. My master key does not have that because I had honda cut me a new one because the original got chewed on by a dog and the head part is all chewed up. The original key (chewed up one) has it's number stamped on and the number corresponds with the number stamped onto the valet key. If you only received 1 key to your car, then you are missing a key. I have all the keys for mine (2 originals plus 1 I had cut) because I am the 2nd owner of this car. The original owner bought it brand new in 1992 and has been a friend of the family for much longer than that so I know their are no extra keys.

Ask your previous owner (if you can still contact them) if their is another key for the car. Otherwise it's possible for someone to jack you really easily. (given that they manage to get the key, and know which accord it fits and where to find it)
                      Last edited by Lantis; 01-12-2006, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Yea, That 2 key thing almost got me beat up...By my GirlFriend...

I sent her out to get something for me when we were in the mall...It was raining...When she got to the car...She couldnt access the Glove box with the key that I gave her...

And thats how I found out about the 2 key thing...I always thought it was a spare...

Well, now I know

Later!

Comment

That's an EDM Accord judging by the headlight washers...

Comment

Working...
                          X